Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thank you so much for the surprise card, you wee rascals!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Can I just say a very quick, but huge thank-you to all you very kind people who sent me the card from your trip to the Queen Mary.

I'm sittin here looking at it and reading the names, and thinking..what a nice bunch of people you really are!! It has just arrived and honestly I do not know what to say, I’m quite overcome by the whole gesture and really overwhelmed by you folk to even think about doing such a thing.

I’m not often stuck to find the right words, but you managed to outflank me here today, and a ‘big’ quality thank-you will have to suffice. I love the gorgeous “Winne the Pooh� dressed up as a vintage pilot too! Now I wonder whose idea that might have been? Mmm? The FBI are already on the case, now why are they liasing with the Texas Rangers I wonder…?

I’m aiming at getting back to work (maybe a day here and a day there to start with, to ease me back in) next week. The Hannibal Lecter mask is off, which has been a big psychological thing for me, but it’s off now, so no more excuses for Chianti & raw liver, Zorro and Jason jokes!

I still feel I’m going to be carried for a little while at work, but I need to get back into the routine again, albeit gradually.

Really appreciate all the support and your card now has pride of place on my mantle above the most beautiful crackling log fire!

Take care everyone.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters