Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thanks Bernie Mac! A strange tale of pants

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
A few months ago I was second-hand shopping and I tried on a pair of slacks. I wear about a 35'/30' and the pants measured about 36/33' or 34' despite being a little loose and way too long, the slacks well fully cut throughout the leg and seat and rested right at my navel; to me it felt like a vintage cut. I returned to the rack where I had found them and discovered at least 7 more that were nearly identical, all for about $18 a pop. I snatched them all up, counted my pennies and went to the register. I asked the cashier where the pants came from and he pointed to the tag, which read "MAC" and said that they had come from the wardrobe department of the Bernie Mac show. About a month after that, my friend's mother, who is a seamstress, altered the pants so that they would fit.

The slacks are pretty cool so I thought I'd display them here. The cut of the whole lot are practically identical, with about a 28 inch knee and a 23 inch opening; very similar to the pants that Powerhouse was selling awhile back.
PICT0006-2.jpg

Here's the detail of the pocket flap and belt loops. The belt loops are similar to a pair of Officer's Pinks that I have (I posted a picture of those as well for comparision).
PICT0007-4.jpg

PICT0008-2.jpg

PICT0003-3.jpg

I had them finished in 2 inch cuff to add a little extra vintage flair
PICT0014-1.jpg

These four pants are in a worsted black, worsted grey, brown gabardine, black gab with white pinstripe and these really cool windowpane flannel:
PICT0011-1.jpg

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Also in this bunch where a pair of cream linen pants (similar cut)
PICT0001-4.jpg

And two pair of slacks that really stuck out. These plaid charcoal grey slacks
PICT0006-3.jpg

PICT0011-2.jpg

And these grey slacks with pinstripes:
PICT0001-5.jpg

PICT0012-3.jpg

PICT0013-1.jpg

The interesting design of the pleats reminds me of these fifties pants:
72202d2.jpg

Both had Woody Wilson lables.
PICT0009-2.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
What a goldmine you hit! Enjoy 'em.
I love the windowpane flannel. Years ago I had a pair of flannel pants and they were very comfortable.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Most of the recent movies, stand up, and tv shows Ive seen BM in, he has a true vintage cut to a lot of his clothes. His shape allows to a high waist cut for him not to look so boxy.

11701_big.jpg

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy