Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 1940s Radio Hour Show

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
If any of you are near Arvada, Colorado (a suburb of Denver), check out The 1940s Radio Hour show at the Arvada Center. I went over Thanksgiving break with my 86-year-old grandmother and it was absolutely fantastic. She thoroughly enjoyed it, and so did I.

It's playing until December 23.

Here's a short blurb:

The 1940’s Radio Hour

Written by Walton Jones
Directed by Bev Newcomb-Madden

It’s Christmastime in 1942. On a cold and snowy evening in New York, a close-knit group of entertainers at the WOV radio station—all heading somewhere else—are broadcasting the final holiday variety show for the troops overseas. Patriotic, sentimental, and overwhelmingly nostalgic, this holiday production—with songs including Strike Up the Band, I’ll Be Seeing You, and Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas—is reminiscent of an era long since passed but never completely forgotten.

For more info, check out their site: http://arvadacenter.org/on-stage/the-1940s-radio-hour-1

Steven180

One of the Regulars
Sounds like a good show! Good catch and thanks for the recommendation. Wish it was more widespread or traveling, sound like a neat storyline.

Reminds me a little of the old TCM (?) series 'Remember WENN.'

Glad you and your Grandmother had a great time,
M.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Steven! Yeah, I remember that show on TCM - or was it AMC?

It was really well done. I was quite impressed and my grandmother, who has a hard time traveling, had an incredible time. It was a true blessing to be able to share the experience with her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff