Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The $3500 Cap???

Jay

Practically Family
OK. I checked it out. I now confused as well as interested in the ridiculous price.

WHY???

Nothing about it looks special. Regular tags, one-size-fits-all, goofy bill, thirty-five hundred bucks. What the hell is going on?

RPeers

One of the Regulars
Well people obviously know something we don't questions to the seller about adding a BIN for $1500 offers of $500 if the seller didn't get paid from the bidders .... Why? ... Is there some ballcaplounge.com we don't know of thats been hyping these things up?

The Wingnut

One Too Many
'Vintage' RL, maybe? If you look at other items the bidders have won, you'll see they're going after ~20 year old 'trendy' stuff. Maybe that cap was iconic at some point, possibly as a yacht team piece.

GWD

One Too Many
I had about 6 of those ugly things, I just sold them for $2.00 each at my garage sale! lol

Wouldn't that just suck? :eusa_doh:

rgraham

A-List Customer
That's it. I'm going to start making those babies. I'll only sell them for $500 each. Or, $450 when buying 5 or more.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I don't know about the second one, but the only guess I can come up with is that the first one might have been worn by a Marathon winner. Could look up the number and compare with major race results from that year. If you were a person who totally didn't have a life. lol

The Wingnut

One Too Many
After digging around on Google, it seems rapper Grand Puba and others in the same crowd wore a lot of Polo items in the early '90s and the long-billed cap was a look they favored.

...so there you go.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Hats and Bling, baby

The Wingnut said:
After digging around on Google, it seems rapper Grand Puba and others in the same crowd wore a lot of Polo items in the early '90s and the long-billed cap was a look they favored.

...so there you go.

I hear that the grand poobah is pretty big on hats.
In fact, he should be on the Lounge.
Flintstones_The_Treasure_of_Sierra_Madrock_SNES_ScreenShot2.jpg

poobah-709241.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
ScionPI2005 said:
I most certainly wouldn't pay that much for one.
I might pay that much for the DoW's hat here but I probably wouldn't actually wear it. In public, at least.

IH162856-1.jpg

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
cookie said:
There is a long bill cap on jpeterman in the style worn by Hemingway
I could understand someone paying $3500 for a hat actually worn by Hemingway. That would be the only way you'd catch me wearing that type of hat: "I'm showing my support for fine literature,of course..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay