Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Agents of F.L.A.S.K.

From my local news files:

My dad, without putting down his Pabst Blue Ribbon, proclaims, "Bu77 5h!t. No way. This is a set-up. That guy wasn't even running. Who would know that you had a newborn, know how to get into the house, which room to find the baby in, then casually walk away with the baby?"

Local news here yesterday morning described the event differently, saying the child's grandmother left him in the car after returning home from shopping and that he was only there for the amount of time it took to walk to the house, unlock the front door, walk into the house, put her purse down, then return to the car for the child. Regardless, three people have been taken into custody, one of whom is somehow connected to the child's family...or so the news broadcast said.

Fifty150

One Too Many
Supposedly, the grandmother was shopping. The person who went shopping with grandma & the baby, was arrested.

There is more to this story. Maybe the police will now shut off the information pipeline, as releasing details of an investigation could hamper the investigation. The story will fade away, now that the child has been recovered. Someone would have to actively engage themselves into the fabric of the occurrence. Go down there. Get in touch with everyone involved. Convince them to keep you informed. Slither your way into the police department, and ask around. The news media won't care enough to follow up, unless there is some sort of sensationalism.

Fifty150

One Too Many
This is in Santa Clara County, California. The same county where the Sheriff is accused of accepting items of value from Apple Computers, in exchange for issuing "concealed carry weapons" permits. Yes, I know what some people are thinking. "CCW" permits do exist in California. They are issued at the discretion of police chiefs and sheriffs. And yes, the same Apple Computers who make the iPhone and iPad, allegedly bribed a sheriff for CCWs.

https://www.monocounty.ca.gov/sites...oroner/page/8567/ccw_standard_application.pdf
1651204697666.png

Santa Clara County jails has been operating under a "zero bail" system.

1651205119140.png

There are suppose to be guidelines. Serious crimes, or people who are a danger to the community, are not suppose to be released on their own recognizance - without bail.

In February, a child molester was arrested with a $50,000 bail, and subsequently released with zero bail. I guess that child molesting is not a serious crime, and no adult member of the community is in danger since this guy only touches children.

1651205696113.png

Shortly thereafter, Mr. Goularte was shot at by a family member of the molestation victim. The shooter, is being held with a "no bail hold". He is not eligible for bail, and must be held in jail. He is a danger to the child molestor, who is free with zero bail.

Fifty150

One Too Many
I knew a girl, whose Dad ran a church. Spanish speaking congregation. Services in Spanish only. Men and women on separate sides of the room. Women must cover their heads. Marriages were arranged. Only his church wasn't in the basement of a house. There were over 1,000 members. She would get upset, and become defensive, whenever I brought up the math. Not the kind of math that said her Dad was taking over $20K weekly in cash (if everyone put $20 in the collection), with no accounting. But the other kind of math. The entire congregation was made up of people who are new arrivals in The USA, did not speak, read, or write English, working multiple jobs in multiple shifts, earning low wages, with children to support, living in single rooms. Her family lived in a "mini mansion" in the city, owned acres of property in a rural area where they keep horses, and the half a city block that the church operates at.

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This sounds like a very interesting book, indeed. I’ve already mentioned my friend who had a very eerie dream about 9/11 on the night BEFORE 9/11. She dreamed that her husband, who worked at the WTC, was in an airplane crash. Before he went to work that fateful day, she even asked him if he was planning any air travel anytime soon. (Btw, he survived the hit on his building.). Anyway, sounds like an interesting book. I like the quote “premonitions are impossible, and they come true all the time.”

This sounds like a very interesting book, indeed. I’ve already mentioned my friend who had a very eerie dream about 9/11 on the night BEFORE 9/11. She dreamed that her husband, who worked at the WTC, was in an airplane crash. Before he went to work that fateful day, she even asked him if he was planning any air travel anytime soon. (Btw, he survived the hit on his building.)...
I assume he has also, so far, survived all of the toxic particulates that were released into the air that day? A lot of first responders have already died from that exposure.

Tiki Tom

“Unaccounted for pregnancies”?
I don’t know what amazes me more, the claims themselves, or the fact that they are in a Pentagon report.
It Used to be that all this stuff was firmly in the realm of trashy paperbacks and crazy uncles. Now we have declassified videos from military cockpits, classified programs investigating the subject, Congressional hearings, and weird reports and correspondence coughed up thanks to FOIA. The official military/intelligence view seems to have become “It seems to be true that something is out there, but we have no idea what it is.” (See video of this week’s intelligence briefing, above.)
I hover between the fear that I’m not adapting my views to reflect new information… and my ingrained incredulity. Is it still all nonsense? Or has that become too simplistic?

"Unaccounted for" my eye. I have a feeling those pregnancies are (or were) developing in the wombs of women who--oops--found themselves pregnant with no explanation for their husbands/boyfriends/parents other than a Weekly World News "Space aliens made me pregnant!" headline. :rolleyes:

Tiki Tom

In the past, we have discussed whether or not wild big cats might be roaming the British countryside. There have been some good photos, countered by the opinion that the photos might be of normal cats, but taken from a particular angle. Now we have this story, in which a father claims that a big cat stalked his 11 year old son in the U.K.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes