Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Amazing Midnight Blue Original Hercules

Edgar Laurel

One of the Regulars
Arrived by the end of last week, due to time constraints and a massive workload I did't have the time to take much pictures, those where taken yesterday afternoon.
The jacket itself was worn for the first time last night for a sunday night dine out.

iZwsHM2.jpg

OAGUW1n.jpg

8dHs5Hw.jpg

The pictures cannot speak for the amazing and unusual properties of this leather colour.
It's magic stuff. Inside you can notice perfectly it is a very very dark shade of blue, outside it depends weather it's catching direct sunlight or not but it seems a steely black shade without sunlight and a deep melange of dark navy and deep forest. Agains white neon lights (After dinner we went to the mall and I tried to notice how the leather looked under those clear, bright lights) it seems almost the same melange of ultra dark navy and deep forest but you can notice better the hidden green hues in the middle of that dark night ocean bluish thing.
It's ...indescribable

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beautiful jacket Edgar!
I own a Teamster in this leather and I have never been able to describe it with anything approaching the clarity that you managed in your post. Indescribable is the true description of midnight blue CXL.
I too would love to see some more pictures when you get a chance.

Absolutely beautiful!! The midnight blue has the same chameleon like tendencies that cordovan has. It's a killer color and that's a beautiful pattern for it. Top notch man.

I'd agree. My 30's HB in midnight, while plenty hefty and certainly stout, was a touch lighter than the steer CXL I've handled. Stiffer too. I positively love this color and sincerely wish I'd chosen a style more to my liking when I had mine built. This hide has some edge to it.

sweetfights

I'd agree. My 30's HB in midnight, while plenty hefty and certainly stout, was a touch lighter than the steer CXL I've handled. Stiffer too. I positively love this color and sincerely wish I'd chosen a style more to my liking when I had mine built. This hide has some edge to it.
How heavy was your fqhh midnight blue?? Standard weight or did you request heavier?

How heavy was your fqhh midnight blue?? Standard weight or did you request heavier?
No requests per weight. Just said give me what you've got. It was plenty heavy. Just a notch down from the steer. I can't even figure out why I like these super heavy hides...glutton for punishment I suppose. The midnight CXL I had felt plenty heavy, was quite stiff (at first) but wore like a dream. It's a winner

El Marro

Sweetfights,
As far as I can tell the midnight blue CXL is the same weight as the Cordovan CXL jacket I have, both horse. I would guess they are between 3 to 3.5 oz.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Total beauty. Pics are a little blury but probably how I'd see that jacket too, so nice it'd cause me to hallucinate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner