Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Bowler or Derby Hat

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
The rounded panoply upon Nanners

Brad Bowers said:
John McMicking (I just checked my copy of the book).

This appears to be his contact info:

John McMicking
L&H HATS
179 Melville Street
Dundas, Ontario
L9H 2A9
Phone: (905) 627-7492

Brad

jamespowers said:
That's him! Thanks. His email address is:
mcmicking@canada.com

Thank you for posting this, I may well wish to patronize this gentleman's services some day. I have a friend who looks rather well in bowlers and receives them gladly as gifts.

Does anyone know anything more about him, such as whence he learned the craft, how long he has been practicing and the quality of the materials that he uses?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Delthayre said:
Thank you for posting this, I may well wish to patronize this gentleman's services some day. I have a friend who looks rather well in bowlers and receives them gladly as gifts.

Does anyone know anything more about him, such as whence he learned the craft, how long he has been practicing and the quality of the materials that he uses?
And maybe what kind of prices he charges?

Story

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
Ok I officially endorse Bowlers on women.

Funny you should mention that...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...gley-bowler-hat-models-identity-revealed.html

Financial crisis: Bradford & Bingley bowler hat model's identity revealed
The woman in the Bradford & Bingley adverts is an actress who has appeared in Heartbeat and Holby City.

Sophia-Di-Martino_1001924c.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
GWD, That's the best member photo yet! Hands down! The use of the mirror is spot on! Well Done! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

p.s. Nice Bowler too. :)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
IMG_5769-1.jpg

I've got three that I wear (though they're all back in Maryland right now). It's interesting the difference in weight, thickness and stiffness between the three. I can't remember off the top of my head which one I'm wearing in this picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner