Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The CAMPTOWN GREY HAT COLOR SWATCH POLL !

Which color would you like to see in a Fedora ?

• Granite Grey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steel Grey

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JerseyJones

Vendor
Well folks, here are your excellent color choices for the Camptown Model 1945 Metropolitan.

In the spirit of democracy, I am taking a poll on which grey folks like better before I go ahead with production.

First, Granite Grey
IMG_0003-vi.jpg

Second, Steel Grey

IMG_0004-vi.jpg

Place your comments below and cast your votes above !

Thanks

Ken !

PS. The website is PARTIALLY functional. Don't get excited yet, but I am working on it !

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I like Dove, hats, birds , ice cream bars too.

The textures look vastly different also. I think the lighter color with the black band it the most popular. My favorite is the "dove" gray. True dove, no silver in it. Like a nice Dunlap or Cavanagh or Dobbs from the 40's.

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
Light feels right...

At least, for me. And are the textures as different as they appear? With the perception of finish also relative to size, how big are the swatches?

maintcoder

A-List Customer
I like them both...

But I voted for the granite grey as it will give you more choices, like Matt said.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
The granite grey with either a gunmetal grey or carbon grey or black band would look swell. I think the carbon grey would be closest to black yet still have a glint of grey on grey in the sunlight.
Sign me up for a granite grey. What will be your choices for the hat band?

Cheers!

Dan

JerseyJones

Vendor
Bumping for the day crowd. Please cast your votes.

It is my intention to try to make all of my hats a more stock item and a solid batch of grey orders would help to make that a reality.

Thanks !

Ken

JerseyJones

Vendor
I have yet to determine a hat band, but my inclination is a nice true black or dark carbon grey.

As to texture, the samples are not my usual beaver/rabbit blend shell. They are purely color swatches. In my usual body, the texture will be much more uniform and smooth.

Thanks !

JJ

JerseyJones

Vendor
Okay, Granite Grey seems to lead the pack here. I will do one more bump to cement the old poll results, and then order my first load of Granite Grey bodies.

I think I still may wind up doing the Steel after that one, but we'll see.

To all who sent me sizes and measurements for a Grey, please confirm so as soon as they arrive, I can drop your orders in for assembly.

Thanks much !

Ken

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Jersey Jones,

It's been a while so I thought I'd pick this one up again and see how the grey hats were coming. Are there still choices on the hat band? I like the carbon grey option, it's dark but still has a grey feel to it. Anyway, was just wondering.

Cheers!

Dan

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The steel grey almost looks black, are my monitor settings a bit off? I was told Steel Grey was almost the same as Carbon grey and by that picture it looks a lot darker then the federation on the Hatsdirect web page. Can anyone shed light on this matter? Or is it a case of different felt manufacturers?
Johnny

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Captain Canuck,:)

Each monitor will display the colors differently, just the nature of the beast. Maybe Jersey can give us a little description of the color shades and what we can compair them to.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats