Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"The Dollar Tree" Alert

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
for all the folks that frequent "The Dollar Tree" dollar store or any variants and for those that should start. and some of you might know the following information so this might be a useless thread.;)

The Dollar Tree has recently been selling cheap DVDs for a buck apiece, some including double or quadruple features. so far i have found: Edward G. Robinsons "The Stranger/Scarlet Street", Alfred Hitchcocks "Jamaica Inn/Sabotage/39 Steps/Easy Virtue", Burt Lancasters Vengeance Valley, Steve McQueens Great St. Louis Bank Robbery and last but certainly not the least and the one i got extremely giddy about, Willliam Powells My Man Godfrey/Life With Father...thats 10 good films for 5 bucks which could normally cost one up to $20 in a store...

be on the look folks if you didn't know this...lots of good classic flicks from a few of Hollywoods greatest.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I've gotten alot of great dollar movies. I don't have any of those you listed though so I will have to stop by Dolloar Tree this weekend. I have really been wanted to see Jamaca Inn and 39 Steps so I hope they have those titles there.

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Thanks for the heads up Marlow!!

I recall finding DOA, Dragnet and The Man That Knew Too Much, as well as a couple of "old school" Kungfu flicks that were pretty wild... So I'll have to go back and check it out!!

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Not too long ago I was in Target and found a closeout bin where they were selling off their $1 PD movies (many of the titles mentioned above) for $.25 (yes, one quarter) each. At that price I loaded up one of just about everything they had.

Great thing about these old PD movies is that the covers are cheap throwaways, so I discard them and store the disks in a 120 capacity CD binder were they take up very little room.

-MC

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
You might want to take a peek at your local Walmart too. My MIL picked up Road to Perdition and National Velvet for $5 each. There were lots of other titles there too including John's Wayne's Donavan's Reef.
Happy shopping!

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
A kick in the head!

I remember payin top dollar for Road to Perdition!!! And here they have it for 5bucks??? AAARGH!

I actually found Big Trouble in Little China in the discount Walmart bin....Classic Kung Foolery!!!

The ones I've looking for since my VCR took a dive is Billy Bathgate and Ghost in the Darkness... Might have to take a looksee!!

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Joie DeVive said:
You might want to take a peek at your local Walmart too. My MIL picked up Road to Perdition and National Velvet for $5 each. There were lots of other titles there too including John's Wayne's Donavan's Reef.
Happy shopping!

Oh yah!!!! i forgot to mention that. i got a bunch of movies for $5 at walmart...Man Who Shot Liverty Valance and a 20 movie/4 disc John Wayne Set plus a lot of others like ther rambo series etc...i got big trouble in little china too!!!!! plus a cool 2 disc Battle of IwoJima set...happy as a clam...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24