Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Double Breasted Silhouette

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
skyvue said:
Kilo, they've only recently come and gone in NYC (darn the luck), but I see that they advertise a willingness to reproduce articles of clothing. I have some high-waisted trousers that I would like to have reproduced in summer-weight fabrics -- are you generally happy with the suits you've ordered? Do you think it reasonably likely that they could successfully copy some vintage trousers?

I've bought more than a dozen suits from them in the past three or four years. I've liked them all. While I don't claim to be an expert, I can certainly say that they are of better construction than the suits I have bought at retail and the fit is perfect. As I mentioned, I just ordered three more. Their swatch books do have fabrics that I wouldn't choose, but I've always found material that I like at prices I've reallyliked.

I've never tried to copy anything, but if I had something of which I wished to have a copy made, I would certainly go to them.

mt_spiffy

Vendor
Wow, I'm not the only one to have done that! I've added buttonholes to double breasted jackets, converting from 1 working button to 2, 2 to 3, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff