Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie hats

Thundercolt

One of the Regulars
Ed Harris playing the character Virgil Cole in the movie Appaloosa
(One of my favorite Westerns)
Ed Harris in Appaloosa.jpg

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Ed Harris playing the character Virgil Cole in the movie Appaloosa
(One of my favorite Westerns) View attachment 601848

That was a good movie, indeed. The series of books is even better, as they usually are, with more fully developed characters. Those books are by Robert B. Parker, who interestingly enough also wrote the Jesse Stone and Spenser novels.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Reversed negative was my first thought till I looked at the beer :) I don’t know any company where the men’s hat bow is on the right as a standard… certainly there can always be exception… I would imagine for personal preference . It definitely does not look like a woman’s hat. My suspicion is it was switched by wardrobe to fit the shot.

I was thinking he could have easily rebashed the hat and put it on backwards. It really does add to the shot though, it’s a brilliant move.

I was thinking he could have easily rebashed the hat and put it on backwards. It really does add to the shot though, it’s a brilliant move.
Oh, absolutely. Legend has it that Mr. Keaton himself re-creased each and every hat he wore as a Pork Pie in his comedy shorts, loosely estimated to be thousands of hats throughout his career.

ErWeSa

Familiar Face
Lots of hats in 1949 in Vienna. "The Third Man" legendary movie with Joseph Cotten, Alida Valli, Orson Welles, Trevor Howard, Bernard Lee, Paul Hörbiger, Annie Rosar and many more.

Attachments

• 3rdMan1.jpg
    3rdMan1.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 3rdMan2.jpg
    3rdMan2.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 3rdMan3.jpg
    3rdMan3.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 3rdMan4.jpg
    3rdMan4.jpg