Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie hats

The son-in-law fired this one up for us this afternoon.

Denzel Washington as Detective Keith Frazier in “Inside Man” from 2006.

1709515261766.jpeg

1709515297203.jpeg

I noticed that, as well. And clearly from the beer label the photo hasn’t been reversed. Borsalino perhaps?
Reversed negative was my first thought till I looked at the beer :) I don’t know any company where the men’s hat bow is on the right as a standard… certainly there can always be exception… I would imagine for personal preference . It definitely does not look like a woman’s hat. My suspicion is it was switched by wardrobe to fit the shot.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Watching a rerun of James Bond, the Connery era, on television. Lock & Co, the hatters were mentioned in the credit titles. I had to look that up.
007b.jpg connery4.jpg
Connery's hat is known as: "The James Trilby. " The Dr. No Trilby is a new edition of the Lock & Co. hat worn in the very first gun barrel scene from Dr. No.

The hat is part of the 007 x Lock & Co. limited edition collection, released in October 2022 to celebrate 60 Years Of Bond. The 60th collection features designs that are inspired by the past and present, referencing archive hats from the James Bond series.

007a.jpg 007.jpg
007c.jpg

The Dr. No Tribly is crafted from pure Escorial wool felt and made on the same block as the Dr. No original.

Note that is NOT the hat worn by Sean Connery in the film: Connery wore the Sandown Tribly model as in the second photo.

Mighty44

One Too Many
Watching a rerun of James Bond, the Connery era, on television. Lock & Co, the hatters were mentioned in the credit titles. I had to look that up.
View attachment 601353 View attachment 601358
Connery's hat is known as: "The James Trilby. " The Dr. No Trilby is a new edition of the Lock & Co. hat worn in the very first gun barrel scene from Dr. No.

The hat is part of the 007 x Lock & Co. limited edition collection, released in October 2022 to celebrate 60 Years Of Bond. The 60th collection features designs that are inspired by the past and present, referencing archive hats from the James Bond series.

View attachment 601352 View attachment 601351
View attachment 601354
The Dr. No Tribly is crafted from pure Escorial wool felt and made on the same block as the Dr. No original.

Note that is NOT the hat worn by Sean Connery in the film: Connery wore the Sandown Tribly model as in the second photo.
That is one VERY tapered little lid…:oops:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner