Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ever Present Open Road

Aldus

New in Town
Just for the Record

I figure I might as well introduce myself to the Lounge by admitting that I was the disappointed underbidder, and tender my apology to Jimmy the lid for playing my role in the auction becoming an eBay seller's dream, and costing him the price of several very very nice vintage hats.

I too was curious enough about the unusual liner to track down its story. Once I did, my heart sank, and I was fairly sure that I might well not be alone in reckoning its likely sales price would be way way way above the usual going rate.

So, I hereby tender my congratulations to Jimmy, and ask if anyone here has an extra unwanted totally pristine, totally original and unrestored, pure beaver 7 3/8 OR from the 1940s-early 1950s, with no celebrity or historical associations whatever, do please drop me a line-- it will receive a loving home-- and, yes, I too would proudly, regularly, and very carefully wear it.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Welcome!

Let me be the first (oops, the second...:)) to welcome you to the Lounge, Aldus. That's a funny post -- you're a good sport! :cheers1:

Very nicely done Jimmy. Excellent investigative work. When I saw the Amon Carter on the lining I knew something special was going on with the hat.

For all of you out there, the next time ya'll are in Ft. Worth, stop by by Amon Carter Museum of American Art. It houses one of the finest collections of art in the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou