Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The first thing I ever bought from ebay...cool or what?

The Bingstress

Familiar Face
Congratulations!

What a gorgeous suitcase! And you got it for a good price. In New York City, that would probably go for double the amount. It looks like it's in great condition, and the leather is stunning. Seems almost a shame to cover a classic piece with reproduction travel labels, though my guess is that will look pretty cool, too. Are you planning to use it for travel or home decor? It will definitely draw attention, however it's displayed!

Hugs & blessings,
The Bingstress

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
Suitcase

Well I try every year to go down to Universal Studios in Florida and when I go I stay at the Royal Pacific Resort. It a very 1930's/ 1940's resort inspired by the South Pacific and the suitcase will be going with me for sure. I've included some links and pictures of the resort so you can all get a peek.

http://www.loewshotels.com/hotels/orlando_royal_pacific/default.asp

5.jpg

9.jpg

6.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
Suitcase complete!! What do you think?

Here is the completed suitcase I won on e-bay. All the label I found free on the internet and I then printed them on photo sticker paper then decopauged them on to make sure they don't bleed if the suitcase gets wet. This suitcase rocks in general, it's in amazing condition and now with the labels it looks even better in my opinion. What do you guys think?

96948700.jpg

96948699.jpg

96948697.jpg

Very much looking forward to your responses!

-Doc

The Bingstress

Familiar Face
Okay, I gotta admit, those repro labels are way cool. Printing vintage images out on photo sticker paper is downright brilliant, and decoupaging them was a great idea. Are you familiar with Readymade (www.readymademag.com)? You can probably find a copy at Barnes & Noble or Borders. It's a cool DIY publication for Gen Xers, and I encourage you to submit this as a project for their readers.

BTW, I've never been to Florida, but those photos of the Royal Pacific Resort make me want to go in a heartbeat!

Hugs & blessings,
The Bingstress

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My try, after reading the decoupage piece of luggage...

REALLY inspired by this thread to give it a go! Only problem, the luggage label website didn't allow me to print them off directly, or save onto my computer to print off. So left having to take pics of the computer screen!! (how did you manage it then?). Then varnished with oak tinted varnish and glued on. What do you think?

LuggageLabels004.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24