Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Fit of Aero Jackets

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
My instinct would be that the Cheyenne would be the roomier of the two, just because the LHB is a bit more 'put together' and structured, so might feel a bit more restricted, though you don't specify what sort of work you will do in it. You might also want to consider a Stockman.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'm thinking you might prefer goat for freedom of movement. It just seems to have more give than horse, and will more likely move with you than buckle or ride.

People have said that goat is pretty flexible out of the box. Horse, well, if you have a look at the breaking in horse hide thread that I started a night or so back, it can take a while... but it's worth it in terms of patina.

paulgt3

Familiar Face
I just got a new Goodwear G-1, and I think the G-1 would work for you. Its has alot of room in the shoulders
and is such a nice goatskin. Aero makes the two Navy predecessors, the 442 and the AN6552.
To me its kind of understated but still has that Top Gun look to it. Either jacket will do I like the 442 because
it should have a red lining, which I prefer, and the 6552 should have the brown lining more understated, but Aero
has both of them in a purple but the designs should be close. The more modern G-1 is more roomy than the other
two but Aero doesnt have them. But I think its the fit your looking for. Really roomy for the shoulders and upper back
for more comfort.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
You have not mentioned the kind of work you do, that could make a difference.
A short jacket would more like suit a sit down job, where as a stand up walk around type job, maybe as mentioned a Stockman or or Mariner would be better. Physical work like trucking or outdoor work, I think you may be better with a long half belt style.Need to look important? Maybe a Barnstormer or any double breasted coat may look better. Anything outside, consider a sheeling or some kind of furry collar.
Its all down to your needs.
Just my thoughts.
J

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I would not want buttons on a workjacket. It feels like there will be too much strain on the buttons specially on a 3/4 jacket. But yes it depends on what kind of work you will do. I moved my entire apartement in my zipsleeved Highwayman and it was very comfy :)

cdog

New in Town
Thanks everyone for the replies. I will be using the jacket for outdoor work.

I have had problems getting in touch with Aero, they have not replied to my emails or voicemails. I wanted to trade in my Highwayman, but I have
no idea what they would give me for a trade in value. Can anyone suggest a US jacket maker? Anyone have experience with FlightJacket.com?

thor

Call Me a Cab
Thanks everyone for the replies. I will be using the jacket for outdoor work.

I have had problems getting in touch with Aero, they have not replied to my emails or voicemails. I wanted to trade in my Highwayman, but I have
no idea what they would give me for a trade in value. Can anyone suggest a US jacket maker? Anyone have experience with FlightJacket.com?

As others have suggested, just sell the Highwayman here in the classifieds or on the 'Bay. You'll probably get more for it then as a trade-in. What size & color is your Highwayman ?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I spend some time outdoors. When working it's mostly heavy duty Carhardt... pipeline and electric line inspection is hard, dirty, dangerous work. I'm sure the Aero's could handle it BUT none of mine are broken in to the point where they're more comfortable than 4 plus year old heavy canvass. Also only wear a jacket on the job if, and when you're sure you can keep your pant up. Nothing worse than having to keep re-adjusting one's lowers when walking or working out doors... and it's cold too.

Worf

Edward

Bartender
I spend some time outdoors. When working it's mostly heavy duty Carhardt... pipeline and electric line inspection is hard, dirty, dangerous work. I'm sure the Aero's could handle it BUT none of mine are broken in to the point where they're more comfortable than 4 plus year old heavy canvass. Also only wear a jacket on the job if, and when you're sure you can keep your pant up. Nothing worse than having to keep re-adjusting one's lowers when walking or working out doors... and it's cold too.

Worf

I say this in full awareness of the irony, but.... while I don't baby my jackets there are probably some circumstances in which I wouldn't want to wear them either!

Will015

Familiar Face
Outdoor work? As opposed to inside work;). Well that narrows it down.

I honestly don't think a leather jacket is a good idea for an outdoor work jacket. However if you're in the position of thinking an Aero could be considered a work jacket, I'll assume you have a supervisory position. In which case, I wouldn't try to alienate your self from the underlings too much.

,Will

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24