Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The "Forrestor" by Art Fawcett

carter

I'll Lock Up
Here are some more pictures of the "Forrestor" that Art Fawcett created. It's a rust-colored felt with a bound edge and a forrest green ribbon. This hat is Art's rendition of an old Templeform by Stylepark that I sent to him. He improved immensley on the original! :D :fedora:

Front
1819326806_6d6eb805f3.jpg

Rear
1818495197_83a73e6125.jpg

Right side - note ribbon treatment
1818489957_2a7f214fbd.jpg

left side
1818492703_6955f68d78.jpg

left rear
1819336578_bde13454e8.jpg

vintage model
1818418239_b6bba7d776.jpg

Barb

One of the Regulars
Magnifique!

Everything is gorgeous, the color, the ribbon treatment, the style. And it looks incredible on you.

carter said:
Here are some more pictures of the "Forrestor" that Art Fawcett created. It's a rust-colored felt with a bound edge and a forrest green ribbon. This hat is Art's rendition of an old Templeform by Stylepark that I sent to him. He improved immensley on the original! :D :fedora:

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Carter -- I absolutely love that lid. :eusa_clap We may need to start a "Brotherhood of the Green Ribbon"...:D

Well done!

Cheers,
JtL

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Great hat

Dear Carter,

This piece from your collection is like the purchase of a painting from a master at his atelier versus the purchase of 50 reprint posters at any supermarket.

This is an artwork...Yes artwork, since originally artifex covered both artisan and artist. It is only modern time perception that art should not be the part of the daily life but be hidden unused in museums.
It is only funny that Arts name is rhyming with this Latin word...nomen est omen.

Machine made stuff are not the same can never be the same and can never substitute the joy of handmade hats.
They are only an attempt to reproduce these originals.

Vintage Silhouette quality is by no means accidental but a result of masterly efforts, going to ebay or flea markets will never result in finding what you were looking for and what you have found.
Enjoy your collection.

Regards:

Tom

duggap

Banned
Carter, Art did a great job of dublicating the hat. It really looks great. Now I will go back to my waiting mode. I have two new Art Fawcett's coming soon I hope. If mine look as good as yours I will be very pleased.:eusa_clap

SMCK

New in Town
quite the nicest hat

that is quite the nicest hat I have seen in a very long time. looks as it was made for you (which it was). I love the colours , exactly matching the colours of our autumn here in early november.I would be grateful if you could give us some measurements. brim and height etc.it looks about the same as a fed?. Congratulations, if I still covet it in several weeks I may have to try and get a duplicate if that is allowed !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24