Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Green Hornet

Doh!

One Too Many
Seth Rogan as the Hornet?? He'd make a better Kato.

I think there must've been an earlier discussion on the topic, but Clooney wouldn't be such a bad choice (as long as he kept his Batman smirk out of it).

Hondo

One Too Many
Don't you mean Katos punching bag? lol

Doh! said:
Seth Rogan as the Hornet?? He'd make a better Kato.

I think there must've been an earlier discussion on the topic, but Clooney wouldn't be such a bad choice (as long as he kept his Batman smirk out of it).

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I recall, Kevin Smith was originally suppossed to write/direct this, and I think he would have at least done it justice. I'm actually a big Seth Rogan fan, but this is not a good fit. If he's only producing, it may be ok. Why make it a spoof?

Doh!

One Too Many
I'm with you about Seth Rogan: I like the guy but wouldn't want him in a spoof of the Hornet. This idea reminds me of the proposed Batman movie in the early '80s that would've seen Bill Murray and Eddie Murphey playing Batman and Robin.

Yeech!

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Rogan wants Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle) as Kato. Good casting at least for that but I don't want GH to be an ironic comedy. Give us the real deal!

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I like Seth Rogan but don't get me started.
I've been following news of the Green Hornet movie for decades.
The George Clooney/Jason Scott Lee version was the closest it got to being made. It was also one version that I was curious to see.

Sincerely,
The Green Wolf

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
The article seems to state that Seth is supposed to co-write and produce, and maybe star as the green Hornet. Nope, I just cant see it. Not hero material, maybe side kick or newspaper reporter but not the hero.

Cheers!

Dan

"Green Fedora"

New in Town
"The Green Hornet"

:rage: Casting Seth Rogen is all wrong for the new upcoming 2010 movie.Don't get me wrong,I have nothing against Seth Rogen,but,seriously,I can not picture him as "The Green Hornet",or for that matter,as "Britt Reid".He has to stick to comedy films,this dual-role is way beyond his extremely limited talent.He is definitely not leading man material,let's face it.He has no acting experience,can not handle drama,is not good looking,is not tall,is not strong,fit,to handle action scenes.What were Sony Studios,and the copyright holder,THE GREEN HORNET,INC.,thinking about when they let Rogen take on the main role anyway?!Rogen only knows how to make comedy movies,and,unfortunately,this will be no differant,it will be a comedy.The studio,Sony,and THE GREEN HORNET,INC.,obviousely care nothing about the fans,or anyone else's opinion,either,how dearly they will pay for their enormous gamble and mistake about Rogen,the film will fail,and no re-boot will be made for a very long time,if ever,very sad indeed.:mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy