Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'The Hatters' from Sunday's NYTimes

Bassman

A-List Customer
I missed the article but I was in there last month for the first time.
A lot of Borso's...starting at $300.
It's a high rent district.
But they are a full service shop.

Feraud

Bartender
I have been eye-balling a couple of nice wool caps at JJ.
The salesmen at the shop are a very good group of fellas. I always enjoy my visit to the place.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
OY!

You sophisticated urbanites are so very lucky... then again I did pick up three fedoras for thirty bucks on a recent trip t'wixt nowhere and Nashville. :D

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
JJ's where I bought my hat. They're very nice, very helpful, and they'll give your hat the once-over for free (though I always tip, of course), regardless of where you purchased it.

I'll likely head back there in April for a straw fedora.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
The article that was in the NY Times was written by a very entusiastic young woman that is a hat admirer. She was in our store last and took a lot of pictures for a bigger project that she hopes will get published soon.
JJ's is the best hat store in Manhattan today. I will always recommend a customer to them if we dont have a certain hat in stock.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com
:eek:

carldelo

One Too Many
Besdor, a story on your shop by the Times is overdue, I'll bet - hope it runs soon and please post a link here when it does.

B R A N D X®

Familiar Face
I bought my first Fedora from the gentleman in the first photo.........

And Besdor....just so you know, they were a little less than friendly to a man who at that time knew little about fedoras. I guess they get a lot of tourists wasting their time so I am more than happy to cut them some slack, but when I first tried on a traditional style fedora and commented gently that it sure seemed high....the response was delivered in a very haughty manner...."well....you obviously are *not* a hat wearer".

I bought one anyway..........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy