Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ICONIC photograph-show it here

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Alright folks, let's see your pictures of what you consider to be a modern representation of the Golden Era/Art Deco Era. Show us your best shot!

I'll start: here is our 13yo son Daniel in front of a vintage roadster at the Art Deco Society of Northern California's Gatsby Summer Afternoon 13September2009. btw, that cigareet is a candy one...
374084024.jpg

Miss Sis

One Too Many
What a fun shot! Luckily your son has many more years ahead of him to get more vintage style shots. :)

Here's my favourite shot of myself. Taken in Napier, New Zealand in 2006 when I was crowned 'Bathing Belle'.

144.jpg

We don't have Photoshop, otherwise I'd remove the people in the background!

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman, ChanteuseCarey,

Those two photos are beautiful! I wasn't aware you could still buy candy cigarettes...I wonder where I can find some. Dinerman, that piano looks beautiful.

**itches to play it**

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Miss Sis!
What a great picture, and WE do have Photoshop... Let me see what we can do here, we have the technology.

Miss Sis said:
What a fun shot! Luckily your son has many more years ahead of him to get more vintage style shots. :)

Here's my favourite shot of myself. Taken in Napier, New Zealand in 2006 when I was crowned 'Bathing Belle'.

144.jpg

We don't have Photoshop, otherwise I'd remove the people in the background!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I feel cleanliness. I smell starch, and Fels Naphtha*, and the hot-metal tang of a waiting steam iron. The comfy old-rubber scent of the mangle. The rainy ozonated air of line-dried washing waiting for me to fold. Dust baking inside a five-tube wooden cabinet reverberating with The Romance of Helen Trent or some local 100-watter spinning platters in between police calls. Cookies cooling on a bake sheet in an open window.

I feel the distinct expectation that I go out and mow grass. The folding will wait.

*Kind of like Dial, really. I think. It's been decades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24