Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Levi's vintage 1967 experience

Sierra Charriba

One of the Regulars
The summer is coming and the leather jacket is going to wardrobe, but Aero Leather sells also excellent Vintage Levi's pants and jackets. This is the 1967 Type III trucker and the 505 pants, 1967 pattern. The shirt is a Wrangler Blue Bell.

1967.jpg

19622.jpg

andy richards

Practically Family
Nice jacket and trousers! Thanks for the pics. Looks good on you. Also a nice leather belt. Were are the jacket and pants made?
Thanks for posting,
Andy

Papa M

A-List Customer
That 1967 LVC cut certainly suits your slim figure. My waist has drifted out to 36" (5'10" tall) and so I prefer the more boxey shape of the classic 1947 and 1955 cuts - as perfected by the Japanese denim maestros in recent years.
img2387h.jpg

Sierra Charriba

One of the Regulars
Hummm....Javier Bardem, a real spanish macho...but also a very good actor.
In my opinion, the best actor wearing denims is Robert Redford in the 70's.

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
Sierra, I particularly like your suede shoes with the outfit. You pull off the combo with a certain European flair that I don't think I could muster here in the American Midwest (at least not in my small town).

Unfortunately, most people would just think "Canadian Tuxedo":

tuxedo.jpg

Papa M

A-List Customer
Baron Kurtz said:
Hmmm, the Levi's version of the Lee 101-J. I like it less than the 101-J, and i don't like the 101-J very much.

I don't see much similarity between the two - other than the fact that they are both short length, two chest pockets, and made of denim.

I think that Levi's would refute the suggestion that their Type 557 jacket was a "version" of the Lee 101J. They would probably claim that it was in fact a variation of their own Type 506 and 507 which predated the Lee 101J.

However I do get the gist of your comment, and I'm inclined to agree.

Personally I prefer the Lee 91B - my favourite denim shape.

And when it comes to Levi's jackets - I prefer the earlier 506 and 507 to the more common 557 style.

Papa M

A-List Customer
Sierra Charriba said:
In my opinion, the best actor wearing denims is Robert Reford in the 70's.

I would place him below Brando, Dean, Newman and McQueen - all of whom carried off the denim look brilliantly.

Marilyn Monroe didn't look too bad in a pair of Levi's.:eek:

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
Great pictures! The jacket looks super!

I own two vintage Levi's circa 1967 Typer III Trucker Jackets's. One is in mint condition. I love 'em!

- Ian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy