Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
We have a problem. Everytime the average person sees a fedora....much less with a leather jacket.....they think Indiana Jones. It doesn't matter what the color is....or what is made of. You could wear a stingy brim grey fedora with a three inch ribbon with an A2 jacket and people will have Indy on the brain.

This is because the arverage Joe has never seen any movies older than Top Gun......much less a black in white film. ET is a classic vintage film to the new generation.

We should ask them which one of these is Indiana Jones and see who gets it right.

Harry%20Steele1.jpg

China_7.jpg

17.jpg

TokyoJoe_sm.jpg

Michaelson

One Too Many
I was dressing this way before Indy ever hit the screen, so it was just an 'acquired' thing that I was moved over to the Indy 'slot'. There were so many 'surplus' jackets after the war that they were sold in hardware stores etc. to the men who came back to work in heavy industry. The fedora and leather jacket was the 'power suit' around Pittsburg steel plants decades before Indy was even thought of. Regards. Michaelson

mmarosy

One of the Regulars
As I posted on COW, thanks for the title to this thread... now I can't get Roxette out of my head! :rolleyes: :D

Mike

GCR

New in Town
I once walked into a gas station wearing a shirt & tie under a brown leather jacket (not an Indy style jacket, more like a regular bomber jacket) and a somewhat Bogie style fedora. The clerk behind the counter told me I looked like a spy. I was expecting some kind of Indy remark...but a spy??? However, later that evening I did get Indy remarks from a friend of mine and a waitress, so go figure.

-GCR

JerseyJones

Vendor
Originally posted by JerseyJones
Thanks for the pix comparison !

It just makes me feel better in my style choices :D

Ken

In celebration of the look, I went out in my PB Custom, Wested Goat and Aldens all weekend ! Hoo Rah !

Cheers
Ken

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Yes, the look

But here in California, and in the Bay Area, it is 85 degrees..and the temps are usually highter down in MK's territory!

So the look for US is the Panama Hat, floral shirt, light color kakis', and brown shoes.

Oh, and for me at least, lots of sunscreen!

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
A few more to add:

The_Natural1.jpg

reagan-vi.jpg

36430a4f-62d8-41e1-b42d-e861b968d543.jpg

The last of which is Ronald Reagan in Hong Kong (1952). I just watched it. The movie is in color. It is a decent flick.....very reminiscent of China. Thanks to Parsa at COW for bringing it to my attention.

The list goes on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24