Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The many Virtues of the Bow Tie (Send Pics)

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
Thanks...

....CharlestonBows.

I do have to say that when I wear a regimental stripe I think someone is going to come up and say: "Hey, you weren't a South Wales Boarder Dragoon!"

Mid-fogey said:
I do have to say that when I wear a regimental stripe I think someone is going to come up and say: "Hey, you weren't a South Wales Boarder Dragoon!"

lol I'm close with the gentleman who was senior VP of retail op. for Ben Silver and he told me about some letters he had gotten from some very angry clients who were reprimanded when they inadvertently wandered into a London pub filled with veterans. [huh]

It looks good on ya, though!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Mid-fogey said:
when I wear a regimental stripe I think someone is going to come up and say: "Hey, you weren't a South Wales Boarder Dragoon!"
I've seen it happen in the U.K.

Years ago, U.S. makers like Brooks Bros. reversed the stripes in an effort to sidestep protocol. It's been met with limited success as British regimentals slant in both directions and many rightful wearers are offended by having their colors co-opted no matter the direction of the stripes.

regimentalsbyamericansbl9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic