Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The most wonderful and strange thing just happened

Winkydink

Familiar Face
The mail lady rang the door bell and handed me a box from adventurebilt. I ran up to my room with it, opened it and poof I turned to stone. Oh the power of a well made fedora.

Steve the nuvonoir ladd-powell-winky fedora you made has brightened up this long rainy dreary and sad day. It is superbly made. Very fine and subtle. I am afraid to look at it too long. Or wear it. I am like a kid and don't want to break it. It's just that it is obvious you made it with much care. You must add word "artist" into you brand name. Adventurebilt Hats.

Many thanks,

winky. d.
ps Steve, please check your email.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
WEar it with pride

Winky,
You got a real custom made hat from a class hatter. It will last you and others in your family for many years. I'm glad you picked Steve.

Sharpey :) :drum: :)

binkmeisterRick

A-List Customer
Winkydink, don't be afraid to wear your Adventurebilt! Trust me, your hat will look better the more you wear it. Besides, I think the only think that would make Steve sad is if you were afraid to wear it. It can handle it! Congrats on the hat! ;)

bink

Winkydink

Familiar Face
i love it

and it hasnt left my head since i got it. maybe i should take it off and take a shower :) steve is an artist. the fine stiching, & the initials in the head band are a wonderful touch.

thanks to all of you guys who encouraged me to take the leap of faith

winky

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Top Hatters Yes I have had or seen the others

Hatters in no particular order!!

Steve Delk Fedora

Robert Weber Panamabob

Art Fawcett Vintage Silhouettes

Optimo Hat Co Chicago

Roy Jackson Jaxonbilt

The others? Too heavy with Ego and Bullshit!! Besides too heavy for head and the hats have an odor.

Sharpey :)

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
A custom hat should feel custom!!

Winkydink said:
it seemed a bit large to this neurotic head. steve said he would re-size it. i expect it back from him this coming week.

hope you enjoy the syrup.

w.

Best syrup i have ever tasted. We are going to order a gallon more of it. It won't go bad will it?

http://martinsmaplefarm.com/maplesyrup.cfm

I do appreciate it and so does my stomach. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Sharpey

Winkydink

Familiar Face
whoops

sharpey,

sorry for not replying sooner to your maple syrup query, my mind moved to something else and there isnt much room up there for extra thoughts anymore.

i dont think the syrup will go bad, must depend on temp, time, light. ask the maker, me i am a flatlander...

but i am glad you enjoy it. this season's syrup crop was supposed to be very tasty but less than normal in amount produced because of the weather.

winky.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Will we get to see some photos of it?

I would love to see other hats, besides the Indy, that Adventurebilt does.
My next hat will probably be from Steve. I want a real Indy-looking fedora.

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24