Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Noble House B6- historical accuracy.

DecoLaRose

New in Town
Can anybody give me the low down one the Noble House B6 Jackets. Is it historically accurate or is it a fashionized version of the original. The reason I ask is because looking at it I feel like the collar is wider than what they might have been in WWII and I dont know for sure if the really had the straps at the waist, but Im no expert. Does anyone have one, and if so could you post pictures so I could see what it looks like on someone. Id like to see some none promo pictures if possible. Are they worth the $600. Thanks for your thoughts.

Plumbline

One Too Many
I'm not aware of an original which had straps like the noble house ... some web pics here :

http://historypreservation.com/hpassociates/vintage.php

My two repro's ( I now only have the Aero - the Eastman was a little snug) both had very similar design ( the Aero was made of US Sheepskin though ... which had a very different feel to Gary's sheepskin) ... zip adjustment only at the hip.

I was always told by my Grandfather ( who was a wireless operator on Lancasters during the war) that it was a nurses jacket ..... not sure if this was true but he seemed pretty adamant ( maybe he just knew some nurses who had them :) :) )

Never had a jacket from Noble House so can't comment.

pauleway

Practically Family
Can anybody give me the low down one the Noble House B6 Jackets. Is it historically accurate or is it a fashionized version of the original. The reason I ask is because looking at it I feel like the collar is wider than what they might have been in WWII and I dont know for sure if the really had the straps at the waist, but Im no expert. Does anyone have one, and if so could you post pictures so I could see what it looks like on someone. Id like to see some none promo pictures if possible. Are they worth the $600. Thanks for your thoughts.

That collar on the Noble House is way too big for my tastes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred