Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
My dad at one or two years old playing with his dad's hat. So... 1947 or 1948.
IMG_20161206_203128-picsay.png

Edit:Well darn it... I didn't find this on the web. Off topic. Sorry.

Found some interesting stuff last time I was at work. This guy is Porter Appleman, the photo is dated 1909. He is the grandfather of a very famous historian, William Appleman Williams. We have his manuscript collection. It appears that the early family was into hunting dogs in a major way, there is a whole box of turn of the century retrievers and spaniels. This is the only hat photo I could find. It appears to have some weathering to it, and has an interesting look. The dog's name is "Old Mac".
Porter Appleman and Old Mac c1920 side 046.jpg
Porter Appleman and Old Mac c1920.jpg

RJR

Found some interesting stuff last time I was at work. This guy is Porter Appleman, the photo is dated 1909. He is the grandfather of a very famous historian, William Appleman Williams. We have his manuscript collection. It appears that the early family was into hunting dogs in a major way, there is a whole box of turn of the century retrievers and spaniels. This is the only hat photo I could find. It appears to have some weathering to it, and has an interesting look. The dog's name is "Old Mac".
View attachment 62559 View attachment 62560
Love the pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou