Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

best part of the whole thing ... hahahaha

funny how my favorite look of them all is "very bad"

33461c5b8e11571e0af5e15ad2522bf4.jpeg

You're a bad man. A very bad man!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Bjorn240

One of the Regulars
I've been browsing the Library of Congress photo archives, and as a Cubmaster, this popped out at me. I love the different bashes in the campaign hats, and how they are obviously much softer than the current military and police campaign hats. I'm looking for both a traditional felt campaign hat like drill instructors wore, to wear for scout ceremonies, and an earlier 1911 hat to bash like the scout fourth from the left for hikes and campouts. I may use an Akubra Boomerang or Coober Pedy for the latter.

From the Harris & Ewing Collection (Library of Congress):

03140v.jpg

(Also, I think the young gentleman second from the left has invented the Montana-witch bash. Awesome.)

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I've been browsing the Library of Congress photo archives, and as a Cubmaster, this popped out at me. I love the different bashes in the campaign hats, and how they are obviously much softer than the current military and police campaign hats. I'm looking for both a traditional felt campaign hat like drill instructors wore, to wear for scout ceremonies, and an earlier 1911 hat to bash like the scout fourth from the left for hikes and campouts. I may use an Akubra Boomerang or Coober Pedy for the latter.

From the Harris & Ewing Collection (Library of Congress):

03140v.jpg

The guy at the Boy Scout Jamboree had his made . That would be a much better hat , and it could be soft if you want that way . Nice Hats on the recruits . Great Picture !

RJR

Yes; I'm a keen fedora wearer, but know little about westerns and military hats. I wouldn't have an issue doing a custom hat, but I'd have to find a hatter who does that kind of work. Major Mike is an obvious option.
There is a campaign hat thread here on the Lounge.It contains a tremendous amount of information.
Mike Miller (NW Hats)& Esther Weis have made some great custom models.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner