Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
1920s

th
1920s-mid-mens-hats-suits-White-House-News-Photographers.jpg

1930s

1930s-Mens-Fashion.jpg

1940s Swing Fashion

th

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
1930s-Mens-Fashion.jpg

Gentleman Jimmy during the age of Gatsby! ;)
scandals120409_1932_560.jpg

A songwriter before getting into politics—anything to avoid the bar exam upon
finishing law school—Walker’s biggest hit had been “Will You Love Me in December
(As You Do in May)?” Metaphorically speaking, it was now December. The love for
Walker faded; his resolve flagged. Roosevelt, needing to bolster his presidential candidacy,
urged him to resign. “That dazzling, theatrical, and essentially absurd career has collapsed
at last,” wrote the New York Herald-Tribune.

Stolen Valor

Picture taken in 1953, Walter W. Williams claimed he was a Civil War Veteran (the last surviving one) & that he was 116 yrs old when he died in 1959. Census records now prove he was only 105 yrs old & that he was just 11 yrs old when the war ended in 1865. There have been drummer boys documented to have served as young as 10 yrs old but Williams name can be found nowhere in the rolls.

IMG_3855.jpg

Picture taken c1898 at the National Soldiers Home in Marion, IN for poor & disabled American veterans. Most of these men would have been veterans of the Civil War. Compared to these men from both sides of the conflict Walter W. Williams never knew he had it so good.

IMG_3847.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner