Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

I don't get it...

Man-2.jpg

viclip

Practically Family
View attachment 95777
Miss S. Larneal served during World War l in the Navy Medical Corps.
View attachment 95775
The uniform consisted of a dark-blue Norfolk coat, a full blue skirt, a blue cape to be worn buttoned
and belted.
On either side of the cape collar is the insignia of the Corps, a gold oak leaf and acorn superimposed
on a gold foul anchor. Her hat is not the dark blue felt hat shown in the Signal Corps photographs
but a stiff felt “sailor” type hat. The ribbons are black.
This further info is much appreciated 2jakes.

I love Miss Larneal's look in her US Navy hat. There's enough spare room therein to house a few pet cats, makes her look especially cute I think ~

Larneal-Miss-S.jpg

ChazfromCali

One of the Regulars
I like this style: the Panama Hat!
View attachment 92983

Significant for another reason also. The gentleman with his left hand in his pocket (pulling the string to make Nixon's mouth move) and adjusting the Vice President of the United States hat !! is none other than Prescott Bush. The man who financed Hitler during WW2, better known as patriarch of the Bush Crime Family, father of G.H.W. Bush and grandfather of G. Bush. Nice to see Prescott deigning to mingle with his hand-picked new-hire only six years! removed from being a Lt. Commander in the US Navy.

1st Lt. Milo Minderbinder: Nately died a wealthy man, Yossarian. He had over sixty shares in the syndicate.
Yossarian: What difference does that make? He's dead.
1st Lt. Milo Minderbinder: Then his family will get it.
Yossarian: He didn't have time to have a family.
1st Lt. Milo Minderbinder: Then his parents will get it.
Yossarian: They don't need it, they're rich.
1st Lt. Milo Minderbinder: Then they'll understand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21