Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

Leak_Inspector_1952.jpg

Think he can tell when someone on that block flushes?

I wouldn't be surprised. He's likely listening for a leak or an open valve. Flushing would probably provide some sort of response.

Many moons ago at a former job, I managed a leak detection survey at Wright-Patterson AFB. The company we hired had a technology that propagated sound waves through the piping, allowing you to "listen" for cracks using a readout and headphones. At one point, we came across a valve that was inundated with ants. Using their system, I could hear the ants walking around on the valve.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wouldn't be surprised. He's likely listening for a leak or an open valve. Flushing would probably provide some sort of response.

Many moons ago at a former job, I managed a leak detection survey at Wright-Patterson AFB. The company we hired had a technology that propagated sound waves through the piping, allowing you to "listen" for cracks using a readout and headphones. At one point, we came across a valve that was inundated with ants. Using their system, I could hear the ants walking around on the valve.
Amazing! You're probably aware of pigable lines that are being installed now. The pig travels the line under pressure and can inspect, read, and send information as well as clean lines. How far we have come.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The ants go marching one by one...

PE's understand such things. If I recall correctly Eric is a PE also. Maybe others. There has to be some CE members but we won't hold that against them.

Amazing! You're probably aware of pigable lines that are being installed now. The pig travels the line under pressure and can inspect, read, and send information as well as clean lines. How far we have come.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes, my experience with that industry is light, but I have read some articles/studies.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy