Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

There is something not quite right about that picture. I never knew Jack Nicholson had access to a time machine. Either that, or somebody been playin' with the Photoshop, yo. (It's been a long time since I saw Kubrick's version of The Shining, though.)
The "Grady girls" were added to that version of the photo; they weren't in the one used in the movie. Jack Nicholson's head was "pasted" onto the original for the movie, but otherwise that's actually a photograph of an event from 1921 (or so I've read).

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Original
original.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 2.40.12 PM.png

(Stephen King & Jack)
King & Jack.jpg

Jack.png
e15f77.png

“Here’s Johnny!"

Last edited:
Some say yes it’s them, others no!
View attachment 108829
L-R... Billy, Doc, Jesse and Charlie Bowdre.
Easy to debunk.

William Bonney (Billy the Kid) was the youngest of the four named. He lived 1859 - 1881. He was too young to have fought in the Civil War. He was arrested the first time in either NM or AZ for theft in 1875; the Lincoln County War didn't start until 1878 in NM; his notoriety wasn't known outside of NM until 1880.

Jesse Woodson James was the oldest of the four named. He lived from 1847 - April 1882. He ran away from home & joined Quantrill in the Civil War at age 15 (1862). After the war the first daylight bank robbery of the James - Younger gang (which Jesse was probably not a part of) was in 1866. Jesse & brother Frank along with their families lived in Nashville, TN, hiding out under alias identities from 1876 - 1881. Jesse was shot & killed on April 3, 1882.

There is virtually no window of opportunity for Jesse & the Kid to have known each other. The kid was unknown before Jesse went into hiding in Nashville.

Charlie Bowdre who was the Kid's best friend was born in 1848 & killed in 1880.
John Henry Holiday was born in 1851, went to dental school, & lived until 1887.

Last edited by a moderator:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Easy to debunk.

William Bonney (Billy the Kid) was the youngest of the four named. He lived 1859 - 1881. He was too young to have fought in the Civil War. He was arrested the first time in either NM or AZ for theft in 1875; the Lincoln County War didn't start until 1878 in NM; his notoriety wasn't known outside of NM until 1880.

Jesse Woodson James was the oldest of the four named. He lived from 1847 - April 1882. He ran away from home & joined Quantrill in the Civil War at age 15 (1862). After the war the first daylight bank robbery of the James - Younger gang (which Jesse was probably not a part of) was in 1866. Jesse & brother Frank along with their families lived in Nashville, TN, hiding out under alias identities from 1876 - 1881. Jesse was shot & killed on April 3, 1882.

There is virtually no window of opportunity for Jesse & the Kid to have known each other. The kid was unknown before Jesse went into hiding in Nashville.

Charlie Bowdre who was the Kid's best friend was born in 1848 & killed in 1880.
John Henry Holiday was born in 1851, went to dental school, & lived until 1887.

So I'm taking that for a no? :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

glider

A-List Customer
Jesse James was living in St Joe Mo when he was shot in the back by Ford. I was not aware that he had ever maintained a residence in Nashville Tn. At any rate that picture isn't what is implied, interesting maybe but not the 4 men mentioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24