Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official lefty's hat sales thread

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I guess I should have started 12 threads and bumped them all.
Sorry for the delay.
New stuff soon.
BTW, buy the old stuff.

Another satisfied Lefty's Sale Thread customer comments, "Service with a smile! I couldn't be more happy with my Lefty's purchase, and I'm really glad I wasn't taken in by imitators!" Lefty's exclusive line IS NOT FOUND IN STORES!

Don't be left out!

Thanks for the great lid Lefty.
-C.

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
This is probably the last hat related item I'll be offering, and I consider it to be the grand finale. Even though I almost never wear it and I'm anti-collector (I'm a wearer), I'm having a hard time letting it go. Any long hair finish is hard to find. The short satin/silk/suede finish is hard. Slightly longer velour is harder. Long hair in anything that isn't a 70s tribble is near impossible - unless you go to Optimo. Optimo makes a great hat, but they don't make an unreeded hat from the glory days of Hat City, Danbury, Connecticut. I will not be disappointed if no one buys this.

12. Hat City Hat Co. longhair, 7 3/8 - $600
Condition is darn near perfect. The "near" refers to a slight discoloration on a couple of hairs and two small tracks of mothing, all on the bottom of the brim. I did my best to show them in the new photos, but they're quite minor. There's also a slight looping in one stitch at the rear of the sweat, if that can even be counted as a flaw.

tracks at top left and lower right - anything else is just a hair pointing the wrong direction
DSCN3094_zpsef6470e0.jpg

Did you see the discoloration in that first photo. I didn't think so. Here's a close up.
DSCN3092_zpse1b7663a.jpg

Here's a macro shot of that tracking from the bottom right.
DSCN3091_zpsc7e7ef67.jpg

and here are the glamour shots

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
What's left from the previous offerings + a few drops:

2. Shandon cap - FREE WITH ANY HAT PURCHASE

4. DC-3 and Strat pins - 2 of each available $30 EACH WITH ANY PURCHASE

7. Brooks Brothers felted edge - available FINAL DROP TO $60 - next step is adding it to my yard sale pile

8. 98 year old Stetson plaques - available, $50 and $100 as listed

10. Stetson Casual - available DROP TO $80

Discounts are available for multiple item purchases, whether you're buying multiple items now, or have purchased an item in the past from me.

R.A. Stewart

Familiar Face
I am so tempted by that Brooks Brothers felted edge. Is it a true 7 1/2? (Because I am living refutation of the idea that a big head means lots of brains inside, and I need lots of hat to cover the echo chamber.) And do you accept checks or money orders?

Thanks--Rich

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Thanks.
The jeans in many of the photos here are thrifted Gap jeans with a Navy style (I think the tag inside says they're from 2007 or so). I removed the belt loops and pocket flaps, added some Carhartt suspender buttons, and hold them up with tan Filson suspenders in the pumpkin photos, and red, vintage LL Bean suspenders (with dead elastic) in the other photos.

Last edited:

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I can't believe nobody has snatched that Stetson Casual! If it were a size smaller I would already have it.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Agreed. In fact, I'm just going to get a pug for it to hide the ring.
It's no longer for sale.

What's left + a drop:

2. Shandon cap - FREE WITH ANY HAT PURCHASE

4. DC-3 and Strat pins - 2 of each available $30 EACH WITH ANY PURCHASE

7. Brooks Brothers felted edge - available, $60

8. 98 year old Stetson plaques - available, $50 and $100 as listed

11. Hat City long hair - DROP TO $500

Jaxworx

Familiar Face
Bad timing for me!

Agreed. In fact, I'm just going to get a pug for it to hide the ring.
It's no longer for sale.

Well, shoot. Just read eagerly through this thread, hoping no one had bought the Casual, mightily surprised to watch the price drop, and then landed... here.

That's a sharp looking hat. After looking for a pale Stetson without the cow crease, that looked just right.

Maybe next time. Good luck with the other sales!

Cheers,

Jack

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran