Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official lefty's hat sales thread

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Easter sale! 20% off any unsold items above.

The sale is only good on items purchased today (with payment sent by paypal today) and only on the items listed above.

I'll try to list a few more items today, but they will NOT be part of the Easter sale.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
S-O-L-D

9. Borsalino Rainproof (modern), 7 1/2 (fits like 7 3/8) - $75
This is a soft, floppy, chocolate brown hat that I've been wearing to keep the rain off for years.
DSCN2876_zpsa2e960cb.jpg

DSCN2870_zpsb6f13908.jpg

DSCN2871_zpsed8055a6.jpg

DSCN2873_zps4a097594.jpg

DSCN2878_zpse77e3ba9.jpg

fit pics from Brussels, 2007
IMG_0024_zps1615ff9d.jpg

IMG_0001_zps7c5f7625.jpg

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
10. Royal DeLuxe Stetson Casual, 7 1/2 (and fits like one) - $150
Cleaned and blocked by Optimo soon after I purchased it, this is a rare bird. As is evident by the Stetson Casual thread linked above, there aren't many Casuals, and the ones that do exist are quite varied. The felt is free of moth divots but, as can be seen in the photos, there is a storage ring (?) mark that did not come out with the cleaning. This is not, as some have suggested, a stain from the sweatband, as the ring reaches somewhat higher than the sweat. I've considered having a wide ribbon installed to hide the ring, but I'm an original-condition kind of guy. The original red liner was re-sewn by Optimo, but the Stetson logo has nearly faded away.

Aside from the ring, the felt is wonderful. It's very soft and pliable. The sweat is soft and supple. This is, by far, the most comfortable hat that will be for sale in this thread.

DSCN2890_zps01f64e27.jpg

DSCN2880_zpsa3356fdf.jpg

DSCN2883_zpsb90979dd.jpg

DSCN2886_zpscc0aa630.jpg

DSCN2887_zps6abe6213.jpg

DSCN2882_zps6858a914.jpg

DSCN2892_zps4d9cfd2a.jpg

DSCN2891_zps6a2f0292.jpg

squinting from the sun fit pic
DSC_0210_zpsc0898502.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The Easter sale is now over. Prices are as set in the listing, but negotiable. Multiple items will get you better deals.

The Lounge doesn't allow for editing of posts over 3 days old, so here's a summary of what's happening so far -
1. Lee Royal Beaver Finish - SOLD
2. Shandon cap - available
3. Stetson Expo medal velour - SOLD
4. DC-3 and Strat pins - 2 of each available
5. Brooks Brothers milan - ON HOLD
6. Stetson Vita-Felt - SOLD pending payment
7. Brooks Brothers felted edge - available
8. 98 year old Stetson plaques - available
9. Borsalino Rainproof - SOLD
10. Stetson Casual - available

Everything for which I have received payment has been sent out, and tracking numbers have been sent by pm to the buyers.

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Before adding anything else, I want to see if there's anything else we can do here.
Final sale on these items. Final, as in there will be no further reductions and they will be pulled from sale soon and I'm not bothering with ebay.

25% off any one item

OR

Buy any two items and get half off the less expensive item. This does apply to hats, but both hats will be shipped in the same box.

Also, for those who are lurking but are interested in purchasing anything, I've set up a yahoo email account solely to deal with stalkers such as you. You can reach me at leftyhats at yahoo [dot] com
THAT'S NOT THE EMAIL CONNECTED WITH MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT.
For now, this is only good for non-members in the continental US, and not my many Nigerian uncles.

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
THIS HAT IS NOT SUBJECT TO THE ABOVE SALE!

11. Stetson 25 Open Road, 7 1/2 - $500

Yes, $500. The hat is pristine and a very early version of the 25OR, likely very late 40s to mid-50s.

stetson251.jpg

stetson255.jpg

stetson253.jpg

stetson254.jpg

stetson256.jpg

stetson252.jpg

TomS

One Too Many
I have to say the Stetson velour I bought is gorgeous! Truly better than it looked in the pics! It shipped lightening quick, and was well packaged. Thanks, Lefty.... I have my eye on that Open Road now!
Best,
Tom

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Milan on hold for Cookie while shipping is determined.

If for ANY reason my wonderful friend Cookie is not able to complete a transaction with you for the Milan, PLEASE do let me know, I would be willing to sharply make a purchase of that Milan. I do really hope Cookie is able to complete a business venture with you on it, as I know as fine a fellow that he is, would give your Milan a very well cared for a cozy place to reside. Be that as it may, I too, would LOVE to own a nice Milan (or two)....lol@

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Buler. When I move from hat related items to a few vintage clothing items, I think I might have to start a second thread - and even that causes me internet grief.

Thanks, Tom. I hope you enjoy it.

The milan will start for Australia in about 12 hours.

Updates and Drops
- NO PRIOR SALES APPLY - but pm me for multiple item deals

1. Lee Royal Beaver Finish - SOLD
2. Shandon cap - FREE WITH ANY HAT PURCHASE
3. Stetson Expo medal velour - SOLD
4. DC-3 and Strat pins - 2 of each available $30 EACH WITH ANY HAT PURCHASE
5. Brooks Brothers milan - SOLD
6. Stetson Vita-Felt - SOLD
7. Brooks Brothers felted edge - available DROP TO $75
8. 98 year old Stetson plaques - available
9. Borsalino Rainproof - SOLD
10. Stetson Casual - available DROP TO $100
11. 25 - SOLD

Last edited:

cookie

I'll Lock Up
If for ANY reason my wonderful friend Cookie is not able to complete a transaction with you for the Milan, PLEASE do let me know, I would be willing to sharply make a purchase of that Milan. I do really hope Cookie is able to complete a business venture with you on it, as I know as fine a fellow that he is, would give your Milan a very well cared for a cozy place to reside. Be that as it may, I too, would LOVE to own a nice Milan (or two)....lol@

For once I win.... bwahahaha.....but there is a consolation prize LMH2 if you care to PM me.

Wally in Cincy

One of the Regulars
I just received the Lee Royal and it is a very nice looking hat in mint condition and shipped with care. I am looking forward to taking it afield.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Wally, I'm glad you're happy. Enjoy it.

Mingo, sorry, it's gone.

The Vita-Felt and milan shipped today, tracking numbers have been sent by pm to the buyers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran