Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Open Road Guild

TPD166

One Too Many
Thread bump and trying to confirm that age of my "new" (to me) Stetson Open Road 3X with "Last Drop" liner - color is light olive green color. When I bid on it, I thought the liner was embroidered, but I don't think it is - however, it does not look like the later printed Last Drop liners. I'm guessing the hat is from the 1960s based on what I've seen on TFL. I've never seen a Stetson box like the one it came with, which seems to be original to the hat. Any input on the age of he hat or box is appreciated.

Monte

A-List Customer

I just found this '60s Open Road. I gave it a bath and reshaped it to my liking. First time using naphtha. It was a weird feeling to pour liquid on a vintage hat but it was really dirty with bad stains. I was also surprised when it dried with zero odor. Cool.

My first vintage OR that fits. I just need to stretch it a small amount for it to be a perfect fit.

Please count me in as a devotee of the Open Road

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379377983219.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379377983219.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 828
  • uploadfromtaptalk1379378004281.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379378004281.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 832

JTopenroad

One of the Regulars
Nice Open Roads. Good to see this thread back on the first page line up. I love the OR and think of it as best of both worlds. When they get old and well worn they really have character.

DougC

Practically Family
Has anyone checked out the prices for ORs on ebay lately? Wow! I'm starting to think I got a bargain on my vintage ORs for $75 and $25 (both Royal De Luxe from the 50s and 60s) few years ago. Makes me feel kind of bad for wearing the hats in the rain...or at all!

I hear you. If I ever get another one it'll probably have to be a new one, because that will be all I can afford.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Has anyone checked out the prices for ORs on ebay lately? Wow! I'm starting to think I got a bargain on my vintage ORs for $75 and $25 (both Royal De Luxe from the 50s and 60s) few years ago. Makes me feel kind of bad for wearing the hats in the rain...or at all!

Yea, but one seller has some very proud asking prices, especially for somebody who doesn't know what a Gus crease is...

Orangegrad

Practically Family
I got this one around two years ago for under $50. Early '50s 3X that had not been worn previously. I suspect today I'd be spending $250 for it. How did that happen in such a short period of time?

IMG_0029.jpg

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
How is it that we want to promote the wearing of hats, but not the particular one we personally like. so that their price doesn't go up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy