Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE PERFECT 1930'S FLAT CAP - if you are a pinhead...

nightandthecity

Practically Family
1-2.jpg

this is the cap I've been trying to find most of my adult life. I nearly wept with excitement when I first saw it....and with disappointment when I saw (no surprise of course) that it was a paltry UK 6 3/4 (US 6 7/8, Euro 55). It will probably stretch a size bigger of course (though no promises!)

This cap is WIDE! and it is BLACK! It is NOT multi-panelled but has a single piece top....you see way more of these in old pictures but I only ever seem to turn up the panelled ones nowadays.

I listed it on ebay a while back but got no takers. Here's the link with more pics and description. I will sell it for the start price plus postage. If you are a smaller headed person then this is your lucky day!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=200084064669&ssPageName=STRK:MEUS:IT&ih=010

Incidentally, there was a good thread about the scarcity of this type cap recently: see here

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=15227&highlight=caps

Marq

Familiar Face
Well the good news is that Lynne and Rob at vintage and revival are getting these repopped. 07980156947.......Paul

Marq

Familiar Face
Ok here goes Lynn and Robb are reproducing these to the original Yorkshire design as that is where they originate.They have an original to copy from and i think they are being made now or maybe already have been by now.If you are outside the uk you have to put the uk number in which i believe is 44 and i think forget the Zero.However if you are a pinhead that cap looks the Biz...........Marq Repopped=(reproduced)

Marq

Familiar Face
they don't have a web site but will keep you all informed and will post photos as soon as i see them..........Paul

nightandthecity

Practically Family
cookie said:
Why sell it?... use it as a template for a US maker...one of the one in the newsboy posts perhaps??

The thought did cross my mind when I bought it. I may still do that if it doesn't sell though I prefer to wear genuine vintage.

I have actually come across a few of these 1930s wide single-panels in the past, but always ultra-small and never in black.

In fact, whilst I have a few 1930s panelled caps, I have only ever found one single panel in my size - a nice brown leather one. I have pics of it somewhere on file, if I get time I might bump the thread linked above and post some.

meanwhile...where are all you smaller guys?! ( and women? and doting parents?) .....it'll be relisting on evilbay soon....

nightandthecity

Practically Family
NO LONGER FOR SALE!

I gave up on the idea of selling it and decided to try and stretch it. My thinking was that if i could get it up at least two notches I could maybe insert a small panel in the band area to bring it up to 58 (from 55). In fact - and to my great amazement - it stretched up the full three notches and without difficulty!

And to think I'd tried to sell it!!! Full account here

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=284733#post284733

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner