Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The phone booth

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
But they are already selling bluetooth versions! The one I posted on page 1 of this thread can be ordered as bluetooth, for instance.

But I think it's more fun to pull a wirebound receiver out of one's jacket when it rings. Quite a challenge for your tailor to make the holster invisible.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I want one. Could carry the phone in a teeny little purse with a strap on the outside for the headset. That would be grand

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
As I don't have a mobile

I needed to phone work from the mall and clerks where I could find a public phone. No-one seemed to know. I found one upstairs at Macy's. It cost 50 cents to call across town for one minute. At least it said time could be unlimited so if i was calling my snooky-wookums I could stand there all day.LOL

Sincerely,
The Wolf

marquise

Familiar Face
I adore all things which have to do with phone booths. Me with two of them--

72570969_72b7066fbc.jpg

72570968_03b78e0af9.jpg

... At Leopold's Ice Cream counter, here in Savannah. Which is across the street from me, quite luckily! (& serves a-ma-zing homemade sundaes.)

... & at Musso & Frank's in LA--.

mussobooth.jpg

-R.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Red phone booth in Chiltern, country Victoria

TELEPHONEBOOTHCHILTERN.jpg

CLARKKENTATCHILTERN.jpg

Chiltern is a little town that looks like it hasn't changed much since 1890. Lots of antique stores and old Victorian and Colonial shops and cottages.
The second photo features my good pal and fellow Lounge member Koop Kooper doing his best Superman impression.
(Yes, Koop has to go all the way to Chiltern to find a phone booth in which to divest himself of his mild mannered garb. Just as well he has super speed).

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
It seems your pal Koop has forgotten his spandex costume. I hope he realized that before his mild mannered garb hit the pavement. Super, man.

Renee

Familiar Face
Goodness, I haven't seen a real phone booth in ages and even public telephones seem scarcer. And how long has it been since you came across a public telephone with an actual directory attached?

I do appreciate cell phones, though I rarely use mine. The last time I used a public phone the handset was so filthy I didn't even want to touch it, much less put it near my mouth to speak into. And nefarious characters always seem to be hanging around the public phones at gas stations/mini-marts, making them less than desirable for a lady to use ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn