Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pinup Thread

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
OMG! OMG! OMG! My shot is tomorrow. I am soooo nervous. I feel so not ready for this. I had wanted to loose a few more pounds, but that didn't happen. I wanted to make 2 dresses and a halter/shorts outfit, I only got one dress done AND I don't have shoes to match. I didn't get my big, puffy crinoline in time, so I only have a smallish crinoline. I meant to get my hair trimmed, but my stylist couldn't fit me in. I'm going to have to color my hair tonight, so the bright white hairs don't glow under the lights :D My stomach is doing flips and jumps, ladies!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Remember to breathe and have fun!Don't be afraid to grab a few random articles of clothing.You'll be surprised by how great that wrinkled robe you grabbed at the last minute looks on film for example.(See avatar)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Kami I've been thinking about you and wondered when the big day was! Just think.. it's your first go, so you'll know more what to expect next time and you'll be ready with all your items you want to make. Just chill sweetie, and enjoy your day!
Nikki

leaette

A-List Customer
do you have any vintage scarves? I say bring a bunch. you can do lots of things with scarves.

don't be nervous. it will be so much fun. i'm jealous.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Hope you had a blast Kami, do tell us all the details. I'd like to borrow a little of your bravery and go and have the same thing done!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
OMG!!! It was so much fun! She took over 300 photos. I'm uploading the 2 disks as we speak. She loved all my outfits, was fascinated by the make-up process (doesn't wear any herself) and was impressed by my ability to do an updo in 10 minutes. She said I was a natural and that my face was very expressive, basically, the easiest model she's ever worked with. As soon as I look through the pics, I'll share some of the best ones.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Woohooo!! You are a beauty in every day photos, so I know these shots will blow us away! 300 pics, wow.
:D What do you think was your favorite/outfit and such?
Nikki

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
ohairas said:
Woohooo!! You are a beauty in every day photos, so I know these shots will blow us away! 300 pics, wow.
:D What do you think was your favorite/outfit and such?
Nikki
The blue gingham dress was the best outfit, I think. The teal cocktail dress from my NYE party was the least flattering, but once I threw on grandma's fur cape and the photographer's silver gloves, it turned into a knock-out. The outfit that surprised me was my new scottie blouse (shown in th "show us what you made" thread) because the color just didn't work in the lighting. She was also surprised it didn't photograph well because she said it was her favorite outfit in person.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Here are more: http://www.flickr.com/photos/12275674@N08/?saved=1 and more will go up in a few days.
2222358078_2bb9789bba.jpg

2222357422_4e78097464.jpg

2222359440_f0316cd981.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Oh I love the Hurrellesque one on Flickr--with your hair spread out! The wagging the finger one is great too. Good job!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy