Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Quintessential WWII Era Hat?

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
mikepara said:
Oh would that be the Brits, Chinese, Aussies, South Africans, Kenyans, Indians, Fijians, New Zealanders, Dutch, Poles, Ulstermen... etc?

Errr...didn't the CCCP states ('the Russians') have a small part in this drama, too?

Alan

Jerekson

One Too Many
scotrace said:
This is it.

thiedman.jpg

What if I cut the brim of a Federation down to about 2 & 5/8, and smash the crown a bit...

Yep, that's pretty much it.

Edward

Bartender
funneman said:
I have always heard them referred to as "undershirts".

Over here, they're called a "vest" (we call a waistcoat a waistcoat ;) ). They're still widely avaialble, though most folks I know for the most part nowadays would be m,ore likely to double-purpose a regular T shirt under a shirt in the winter - or no uberlay at all, given modern indoor heating and overcoats being cheap, plentiful and effective...

grey ghost

One of the Regulars
The Greatest Generation

Hi all,

I am a newbie to the lounge however have been lurking for awhile. I must say that I have learned a lot from your knowledge and passion for the fedora.

I have been a long time admirer of the greatest generation which includes my father and grandfather.

In your opinion and knowledge is there one hat type specific which
represents this generation..?

Ghost

grey ghost

One of the Regulars
Yes you are right on that...........................

My father wore the Navy edition of that.................

USS Sipan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80