Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Real McCoy's Buco JH-1 Size 46 for sale

SeaSide

New in Town
I'm reluctantly selling this very slightly used Buco JH-1 Horsehide by The Real McCoy's in size 46. I really don't wish to sell it, but I've gotten into shape recently and I'm now two sizes too small for it.

The only issue besides small marks from normal, infrequent usage is a pull inside on the lining (pictured). It's a small loop and the resulting pulled thread. There's some pilling around the waist, and some rubbing around the cuffs. But, having said that, I'm being very nit-picky here.

These retail for over $3,000, and this one still needs to be broken in. My timing was just really bad in getting into shape just after I bought it! I'm looking for $2,400.

I don't know how to post images, but here's the link to eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Real-MCoys-Buco-JH-1-Size-46/203238073014

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Image posting is easy. If your file size is too large, use the "snipping tool" in Windows Accesories to crop them down.

Or put in a link to your ebay ad...

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I'm reluctantly selling this very slightly used Buco JH-1 Horsehide by The Real McCoy's in size 46. I really don't wish to sell it, but I've gotten into shape recently and I'm now two sizes too small for it.

The only issue besides small marks from normal, infrequent usage is a pull inside on the lining (pictured). It's a small loop and the resulting pulled thread. There's some pilling around the waist, and some rubbing around the cuffs. But, having said that, I'm being very nit-picky here.

These retail for over $3,000, and this one still needs to be broken in. My timing was just really bad in getting into shape just after I bought it! I'm looking for $2,400.

I don't know how to post images, but here's the link to eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Real-MCoys-Buco-JH-1-Size-46/203238073014

If i where you i would push the loop/pulled thread back in the fabric.
Just use the eye end of a sewing needle and gently push it through, you shoudl be able to get it back in between the leather and the lining. It should be completely invisible once done.
It will look better in your sale pics and it will prevent it from being pulled on and becoming worst.
It really is super easy to do, should take 1 min. Same with the piling, it's a 1 min job with a sweater brush/scraper...

Edit: found a video, i have used method 1 with succes.

Last edited:

SeaSide

New in Town
Image posting is easy. If your file size is too large, use the "snipping tool" in Windows Accesories to crop them down.

Or put in a link to your ebay ad...
Thanks! I’m on a Mac - think that makes a difference? Because I still can’t figure it out!

SeaSide

New in Town
If i where you i would push the loop/pulled thread back in the fabric.
Just use the eye end of a sewing needle and gently push it through, you shoudl be able to get it back in between the leather and the lining. It should be completely invisible once done.
It will look better in your sale pics and it will prevent it from being pulled on and becoming worst.
It really is super easy to do, should take 1 min. Same with the piling, it's a 1 min job with a sweater brush/scraper...

Edit: found a video, i have used method 1 with succes.

Thank you very kindly for this - I will do it! Don’t know why I didn’t think if it myself! I’ve been working on clothes my whole life.

SeaSide

New in Town
Nice jacket although it looks more than very slightly used............
I think that just may be the look of the horsehide. Or maybe the definition of “slightly”? I mean it’s only got a handful of hours of use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925