Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Real McCoy's J-82 (size 44, fits like 42)

Cheech

A-List Customer
Hello, everyone. I posted this beauty on eBay and Grailed--I figured that I ought to post it up here as well.

I'm looking for $2000 (shipping included in the continental US) via PayPal FF. If you prefer using the "goods and services" option, it will be $2,072.83. I'm happy to split shipping with any overseas buyer.

There is slight wear around the cuffs and hem and on the sleeves and body, where the brown teacore is coming through. Overall, the jacket is in excellent condition. The leather is quite shiny, even for Shinki; the stitching is flawless (per usual with RM); the lining is in good shape; and the Talon zippers show no wear. No odors. Note that the size tag has torn off, but this is a 44--see measurements below.

Measurements
Chest: 22.25 in
Shoulders: 20.5 in
Sleeve (straight down): 26.25 in (longer around the curve)
Length: 25.25 in
Hem: 20.5 in

Here's the description from The Real McCoy's website (https://therealmccoys.com/products/buco-j-82-padded):

This black biker jacket is a reproduction of the Buco J-82 motorcycle jacket from the 1950s and 60s. The tried and tested durable horse hide leather used is vegetable-tanned and pigment finished. Differing from our other Buco models we carry. The J-82 features wool pile padded elbow pads and shoulders which are diamond quilted and continue across the back creating an eye catching padded yoke, making this the perfect jacket for riders adding extra warmth and durability. The J-82 also shares similar detailing to our Buco JH-1 model with its fixed non-detachable belt on the waist. Thanks to our large archive of vintage Buco jackets, we are able to design the J-82 down to its finest detail.

l7PA4CB.jpg

k7PnBNq.jpg

TD6j3qD.jpg

AkEObQc.jpg

dlmeQVf.jpg

tzRb1bF.jpg

wsDjHjg.jpg

zUBhDgs.jpg

Ch4MTOn.jpg

x0PvRar.jpg

XBrH01l.jpg

ZgMQBeJ.jpg

aPJByCj.jpg

kkU78ed.jpg

gxDLVqw.jpg

ttLcYm0.jpg

sUKBQS0.jpg

bTrAL5G.jpg

JZsMqLR.jpg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
wow. Was eyeing this jacket at Standard & Strange. Couldn't get myself to spend almost $3k on a jacket. Got in line for a Field Leathers jacket with the idea to recreate it and add/takeaway a couple things. But had I known this was going to appear, wow. Someone going to get a great deal here.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
@TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead Your size, man, and it's Christmas, so... :)
You Trouble maker you LOL.

@TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead, you know, I’d be happy to buy your deposit for the Field Leathers jacket. I’ve been pondering it for months.
Very tempting, believe me. My biggest issue is I'm not an action back fan. Every time I get one, the silhouette really bugs me. I've even resorted to sewing them down. That works for a cheap jacket, but I wouldn't want to risk on such a nice piece. Got to admit, on you, it looks pretty good. Doesn't have the usual bat wings. But also, part of me wants to wait another 8 months in case I change my mind about anything. I'm back up to like 15 jackets and was really trying to get down to 10 or so. So I might sell off a couple and then use the FL piece to fill some gaps. IDK. Every plan has gone to shit. Lets see if you don't get any action, I might reconsider.

Cheech

A-List Customer
Posting my eBay and Grailed usernames (anthony_dennis and paulmoralesdennis, respectively) for any prospective buyers coming from those sites.

Still looking for $1800 (shipped in the continental US).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner