Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Shadow

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Could be from Herbert Johnson, though I don't know at the moment. With the brim that size I think you could have a cowboy hat shaped like a fedora and put a large ribbon on the crown.

shadowmovie.jpg

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
something similar

I have a hat that was sold after the movie came out and the name on the hatband is The Shadow. It's a brown copy and now that I look at the photo of Baldwin I notice that the ribbon is not as wide. Sadly, it is size 7 5/8 and I wear a 7 1/8. I guess I still hold onto it if I grow more hair (doubtful) or get a swelled head (likely).

The Wolf

The Wolf said:
I have a hat that was sold after the movie came out and the name on the hatband is The Shadow. It's a brown copy and now that I look at the photo of Baldwin I notice that the ribbon is not as wide. Sadly, it is size 7 5/8 and I wear a 7 1/8. I guess I still hold onto it if I grow more hair (doubtful) or get a swelled head (likely).

Hmmmm.... That hat would likely fit me perfectly. ;)
I am more interested in obtaining a suit like the belted back that Baldwin wore as Lamont Cranston though. :cool2: A pair of those semi-automatics would be good too though. ;)

Regards to all,

J

Biltmore Bob said:
I still can't find that German Carpendar Hat anywhere on the net.

Geez, I hope you are up on your German then. ;)

http://shop.topclick.net/bt/product...id=59&osCsid=d37dab9a1f7c6918321f72db5c9ef7cf

That will get you to it. From there you will have to muddle through the language. ;)
Roughly it says:

"This hat belongs to each arranging celebration and naturally to the Zimmermannstracht. 100% wool felt in black. The hat is fed inside full and possesses a leather welding volume. It has been weatherproofed. The hat is available with a brim of 10cm (4 inches) or 12cm (about 4 3/4 inches). Thus the large size-----larger than 40cm (15 3/4 inches) in diameter. Available in sizes 54 to 61cm."

If I translated it wrong, someone help ole Bob out here.

Regards to all,

J

P.S. It will cost you about $51 plus shipping.

phre7

New in Town
Google scala-nuova hat. Then click on third result. On the left side of the page select Trachtenhute. Seventh one on the page is Zimmermannshut.
I tried several times, but for some reason I can't get the page to translate. mabey you'll have better luck.

Lancealot

Practically Family
Specs

The Wolf said:

The Wolf

Wolf,

What are the specs on that hat?

Thanks,
Lance

thefish

Familiar Face
Matt Deckard said:
Could be from Herbert Johnson, though I don't know at the moment. With the brim that size I think you could have a cowboy hat shaped like a fedora and put a large ribbon on the crown.

Matt could be right. The brim size looks like a HJ McAlpine, (same as the hat Hopkins wears as Van Helsing in Coppola's "Dracula") but the crown is kinda high for a McAlpine.

I'd say talk to Art when he get's back up and running. I myself was wanting a hat similar to this one, and was going that direction once the holidays are over and he's settled in.

All the best!

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner