Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stratoliner Appreciation Club {MODERN}

The Stetsonian has been discontinued, so you're going to have to luck out on old stock at this point.

Sent directly from my mind to yours

Of course it's been discontinued. I convince myself that I need one and now they're gone. At least my luck is consistent.

It also explains why I'm starting to see them popping up at scalpers' prices.

Of course it's been discontinued. I convince myself that I need one and now they're gone. At least my luck is consistent.

It also explains why I'm starting to see them popping up at scalpers' prices.

JJ Hat Center still seems to have some stock - in Mink, Tawny, and Caribou. I wouldn't mind a Caribou one myself, but $245.00 and I'm almost to a new custom, so...

JJ Hat Center still seems to have some stock - in Mink, Tawny, and Caribou. I wouldn't mind a Caribou one myself, but $245.00 and I'm almost to a new custom, so...

I'm right there with you. I need to develop patience for the 3+ months for customs. I have Gannon and Northwest making hats for me, but April is a long way off. For $245 I have to pass on the Stetsonian.

My lack of patience is one of the reasons I've commissioned a couple D'aquino hats. The 30-50 wait for Luisa's hats is about my limit without getting grumpy.

Any idea why your Caribou did not have the same flange as the other hats? I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Caribou but I want the brim to have the same flange as all my others. Thanks.
In a word....no. And from what I have seen ALL the Carabou Premier Strats are like that..........
At first I did not like it but it gives the hat an OR feel with the flatter brim and it has very much grown on me.
And I too can highly recomend one2miniranch.......I have purchased several hats from him and he uses fedex for shipping which gets my hat there that much sooner.....
Best,
M

triple-d

A-List Customer
I'm thinking of adding a Caribou to my family if Premier Stratoliners. I'm looking at ordering again from one2miniranch.com at $183 with free shipping. Are any of you aware of someone selling them for less?

http://www.one2miniranch.com/stetson-premier-stratoliner-open-crown-fur-fedora/
Wellll...I did stumble upon and ordered a New York fom him today. I went to have a look at the Strats, already have them.......i'm thinking it was meant to be.........lol

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
the New York is probably the best made modern Stetson ... the felt is probably the best you will find in a modern hat

but there is something odd about the proportions though ... the block is just not tall enough for the amount of brim the hat has

I just didn't like it ... sold it

the New York is probably the best made modern Stetson ... the felt is probably the best you will find in a modern hat

but there is something odd about the proportions though ... the block is just not tall enough for the amount of brim the hat has

I just didn't like it ... sold it

Thank you for the insight. I was on a razor's edge in pulling the trigger. How would you compare the felt with Gannon's beaver hats?

tough to compare customs with mass produced hats ...

the felt on the New York is very nice ...Matt did a wonderful job with it ... just the hat itself is off to me ... the brim swallows the crown

Thank you. I think I'll try to have patience and wait for customs. The allure of immediate gratification is hard to resist but I think taking the long view is better for me at this point. Thanks again, your opinion means a lot.

OK, while I LOVE the Stratoliner, other than the Premier Model, the modern creations are fairly low crowned and pre-creased. Well low crown and my head do not really match up.....so here is my re-bash of a Standard Modern Royal in Walnut. As you can see I got the absolute most I could out of the crown......I also reformed the pinches and added my personal touches.
M
Strat 1.jpg
Strat 2.jpg
Strat 3.jpg

OK, while I LOVE the Stratoliner, other than the Premier Model, the modern creations are fairly low crowned and pre-creased. Well low crown and my head do not really match up.....so here is my re-bash of a Standard Modern Royal in Walnut. As you can see I got the absolute most I could out of the crown......I also reformed the pinches and added my personal touches.
M
View attachment 103705 View attachment 103706 View attachment 103707
Nice work. I like the pinches. Shows that you can shape these modern Stetsons with style. I sure like the @moontheloon diamond in my Sage Strat.

M
View attachment 103705 View attachment 103706 View attachment 103707

Looks good. You really made the most of what was there.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I'm not entirely sure what possessed me to do this, but JJ Hat Center has a sale, and I just ordered Premier Stratoliners in Black, Cornhill, and Silverbelly, with a side order of Stetsonian in Tawny. Will this be a delight, or will our hero be disappointed. Stay tuned...
I don't see why you would be disappointed ... the Premier hats are nice ... Cornhill is the best color in my opinion

... and the Stetsonian is discontinued and quite a nice piece as well ... you were lucky to snag up some stock while it still exists

I've owned both models ... no complaints here

I think you will be pleased with all of them

RJR

I'm not entirely sure what possessed me to do this, but JJ Hat Center has a sale, and I just ordered Premier Stratoliners in Black, Cornhill, and Silverbelly, with a side order of Stetsonian in Tawny. Will this be a delight, or will our hero be disappointed. Stay tuned...
I believe you'll be pleased.

I believe you'll be pleased.

I don't see why you would be disappointed ... the Premier hats are nice ... Cornhill is the best color in my opinion

... and the Stetsonian is discontinued and quite a nice piece as well ... you were lucky to snag up some stock while it still exists

I've owned both models ... no complaints here

I think you will be pleased with all of them

Plus 1

M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo