Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stratoliner Lives

MattC

A-List Customer
I'd always wanted a green Stratoliner...but while I saw a few on ebay, I never saw one in a 71/2. Then I got the bright idea of asking Art Fawcett if he could make me one. And here it is, the "Dark Moss" Stratoliner, made to the exact specs of a Dove Grey Strat I've owned for a couple of years...
Mattchats

Mattchats

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/...dHats017_edited.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch3
http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/...dHats001_edited.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch8

The last image is from northeastern Conn. last weekend.

I couldn't be happier with the hat. The fit is perfect, the details amazing (note the ribbon and brown sweat). The man does outstanding work.

Razzman

One Too Many
Wow, Wow, Wow! What a fantastic looking hat. Great color. Great look. :eusa_clap What are the dimensions, if you don't mind. Thanks for showing it too. It looks great on you.:eusa_clap

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is some hat Matt. You seem to be getting you wish list items. The Stratoliner is beautiful wear it in health. I have a feeling that Art is going to be making a lot of Stratoliners.

MattC

A-List Customer
Thanks and the dimensions

Thank you all for the kind words. That Art really is an artist.

Here are the dimensions: brim, 2 3/8", crown 5 1/2 unbashed, 4 1/4 front, 5 sides as bashed. A bit small, but as I said, based on a real Strat, and the right size for me. The bash is a cold hand bash; Art made it open crown for me.

moustache

Practically Family
Nice!!

The colour is very similar to the Borsalino i have just acquired.Love that Stratoliner!! And especially the smaller ribbon.
The hat suits your face very well.Some are just meant to wear hats!!

Congrats!

JD

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you for the kind words Gents, but I was only following instructions :) MattC is pretty specific about what looks good on him and that helps. Enjoy Matt!!

artboynyc

New in Town
This may be my favorite hat I've seen from Art, and that is about the highest praise I can think of.

-Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou