Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Tattooed Lady

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
ShortClara said:
Fingers crossed - I may have decided on my second tattoo!

Here's the story - when I wanted the first one, I told my Mom, who I thought would be horrified. She took a moment, stared at me (I was ready for the worst) and then she said, "I've always wanted a tattoo!!" :D :D She's coming to LA in the Spring and I asked her if it was the time to get matching mother-daughter tattoos and she said YES! I hope she sticks to it - fingers crossed!

Oh that is wonderful!! I think it is neat that you and your mother can share something like that......especially when most mothers are horrified by their children's body mods.

nyx

One of the Regulars
ShortClara said:

Here's the story - when I wanted the first one, I told my Mom, who I thought would be horrified. She took a moment, stared at me (I was ready for the worst) and then she said, "I've always wanted a tattoo!!" :D :D She's coming to LA in the Spring and I asked her if it was the time to get matching mother-daughter tattoos and she said YES! I hope she sticks to it - fingers crossed!

When my mom first saw my lower back piece, she screamed, "You come from-a my body! You no get tattoo!":rage: *imagine the chinese accent*

But when my older sister got a "Made in Taiwan" tattooed on her behind, my mom actually smiled. Of course, she'd gotten used to all of mine by then :p

~*Red*~

Practically Family
nyx said:
When my mom first saw my lower back piece, she screamed, "You come from-a my body! You no get tattoo!":rage: *imagine the chinese accent*

But when my older sister got a "Made in Taiwan" tattooed on her behind, my mom actually smiled. Of course, she'd gotten used to all of mine by then :p

:D Hee hee, that's pretty funny.. Isn't it always nice when we break the barriers for our siblings??? My dad saw my first tattoo and I swear he was trying to rub it off like it was a fake one or something, he really didn't beleive me! And then my sister goes and gets three and one is huge on her lower back and he says NOTHING. Must be nice to be the younger child sometimes!lol

pretty faythe

One Too Many
ohhh...my mom wants one too, but she's to chicken. She had to give herself alergy shots for years, so you'd think she'd be over her fear of needles by now. [huh]

ShortClara said:

twobarbreak

One of the Regulars
Check out Betty Broadbent just google her name. amazing part of history and tattoo's....

FreaksManager4.jpg

ShortClara

One Too Many
pretty faythe said:
ohhh...my mom wants one too, but she's to chicken. She had to give herself alergy shots for years, so you'd think she'd be over her fear of needles by now. [huh]

My Mom is scared of the needle, too, so she told me I would go first. NOOOOO - I know I can take it - SHE'LL go first to make sure she really gets it! LOL

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Very cool thread, it's really cool to see all of the pictures.

No tattoos for me--sometimes I feel like one of the only ones without one, they're so popular now.

Moodle

New in Town
Kishtu said:
sadly when I went to see about having Kit Whitby's portrait done my arms are too scarred to be able to have it done.

:eek:fftopic: , but--Kit Whitby is possibly the coolest name for a cat I've ever heard.

I have two tattoos so far. My first is on the small of my back, and it's a tree taken from an illustration from "The Fellowship of the Ring" (my parents read The Hobbit, among loads of other books, to my sisters and I when we were kids, and so Tolkien always reminds me of them), with the Old English word for strength underneath it. The one thing I didn't think about is that the word, "maegen," is close to my name (Meghan), so I'm forever getting random acquaintances going "did you know your tattoo is misspelled?" Why I'd want a tattoo of my own name on me, one can only guess.

My second tattoo is a design (the aberlemno spiral, if anyone's into this kind of stuff) from a Pictish gravestone, and it's on the outside of my right ankle.

I want to get a tattoo of a crow with the phrase "Pass, Crow" on it on my hip (the quote is from a Ted Hughes poem), but I'm waiting until I have a clearer idea in my head of the design. I know what elements I want, but I don't quite have a handle on the composition yet.

On a random note, for the tattooed ladies among us, do you guys stick to all colored tattoos versus all outline tattoos, or do you mix it up? Both of mine are strictly blackwork, and I think I'll probably stick with that in the future...but sometimes I reconsider.

Madalene Laurae

New in Town
Moodle said:
:eek:fftopic: , but--Kit Whitby is possibly the coolest name for a cat I've ever heard.

I have two tattoos so far. My first is on the small of my back, and it's a tree taken from an illustration from "The Fellowship of the Ring" (my parents read The Hobbit, among loads of other books, to my sisters and I when we were kids, and so Tolkien always reminds me of them),

It good to know I am not the only one who has something Tolkienesque on them! I have Sindarian Elvish on my right wrist in blue. It translates to Golden Flower. I want to get something else in blue on the other.

I also have a lotus flower between my shoulders in black and grey. I want to eventually get lotus flowers and vines all the way up my back.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Moodle said:
On a random note, for the tattooed ladies among us, do you guys stick to all colored tattoos versus all outline tattoos, or do you mix it up? Both of mine are strictly blackwork, and I think I'll probably stick with that in the future...but sometimes I reconsider.

Mine is black with orange and red in the flowers. I think I'll stick to a palette like that, not airbrush type colors, but solid, and probably not black and white. So, I do want mine to sort of go together. At least now :)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Kishtu said:
I've always been quite determined it was upper arm or nothing though - sadly when I went to see about having Kit Whitby's portrait done my arms are too scarred to be able to have it done.

Nonsense! You just need a good tattooist. My friend, who self-harmed for most of her teens, has now got a beautiful full-sleeve both covering and disguising all her scars.

These are some lovely tattoos, ladies. The upper arm one with the swallows shows promise of being a great tattoo when coloured.

Unfortunately, i see from the newspaper that my tattooist - Dan Gold - has just become "Tattooist to the stars" (Britney, Kate Moss etc.) and is featured on a successful television program.

Hmmmm, i suppose i won't be able to afford him again :rolleyes: And i still need about 15 hours of work on my back (7 hours done so far).

bk

ValerieAmelia

Familiar Face
SerenityAshes said:
Oh I LUV flowers a lot, I was thinking of doing flowers as well on my other arm.. though at the moment I'm more into doing something on my side (starting from under my breast and going down on my hip bone).. I saw a nice picture in black and grey though I prefer colours.. I love bright colours and I think Valerie your tattoo sounds great... can't wait till you upload a pic here to see it :)

I love the idea of side tattoos, my boyfriend is getting the tree of life on his side. I really love black and grey shaded tattoos, mine probably would have been if it wasn't a cover up but I'm happy with the way it turned out. Here is the next little one I'm going to get, nothing fancy...My mom, sister, and I decided to all get it seeing as my mom is a breast cancer survivor, we just don't know where yet. Any ideas?

JJF-00635_thumb68.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
Hmmmm, i suppose i won't be able to afford him again :rolleyes: And i still need about 15 hours of work on my back (7 hours done so far).

Good luck with that. Most artists won't touch someone else's incomplete work, unless it's to cover it up completely.

zaika

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
s640x480

is mine...when it was new...two years ago...I should really take more pictures of it...

Was done by the wonderful Pat Fish...who I had decided 10 years before was going to do my work...*grins*

i really like this! simple and beautiful!

y'know, i've been itching to make an appointment with Pat Fish...i have this fabulous Celtic goose that i think only she could pull off. :)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
zaika said:
i really like this! simple and beautiful!

y'know, i've been itching to make an appointment with Pat Fish...i have this fabulous Celtic goose that i think only she could pull off. :)

I will take another pic...there is more shading in the teal when its not -shiny-...grins...

Yea...I know she was pondering moving up north when i was there two years ago...not sure if that happened...

She is a genius...seriously...a grouchy one...but anything new and clever and 'interesting' and she wont be -as- grouchy...hehe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou