Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Thread to end all Hair Advice Threads

Miss_Amanda

New in Town
That Makes Sense:)

Miss 1929 said:
You can't upload photos, there is not room on the Lounge to store them, so, they have to be linked from somewhere on the web, so use Photobucket or Flicker or your Myspace or Facebook pages to store them, then link to them using the little mountain icon thingy above this box you type in.

Thanks, Miss 1929 for getting back to my newbie post so quickly!:) That really makes sense! I will work on putting them into my facebook today so I can make sure it works... :)

Miss_Amanda

New in Town
Great Idea!

Miss Neecerie said:
if your facebook or myspace are private ..it does not always work.

I would suggest starting a photobucket account...they are free and then you arnt showing folks here any pictures you dont wish to... :D
Thanks, Miss Neecerie! I took your advice, and as I mentioned, here are the photos! What do you "guys" :)) ) Think?

MissAmanda_album

MissAmanda_album

MissAmanda_album

MissAmanda_album

All of these images were found via google image and http://www.beauty-and-the-bath.com/womens-1950s-hairstyles.html
and Finally....

MissAmanda_album

This a cropping of my own Seventeen from '49.
I hope everything comes through okay! :)

Lillemor

One Too Many
Smuterella said:
I've actually got silk pillowcases, I find them better than satin and they make me feel all princessy.

When I had very long hair (to my thighs) I used to braid it every night and pin it up around my head, very Little House on the Prairie!

I hadn't thought of silk Miranda, but try which ever works for you.:) Actually, I haven't really paid attention to whether these women all use satin or if some of them use silk. But if Smuterella has actually tried it, it might be worth going for the silk.

Smuterella

One Too Many
Mirinda said:
Oh my, thigh-long hair! How did you do to dry it??

Silk pillowcases sound very girly and princess-like, I love it! I must try to find some :D

i washed it weekly and let it airdry. I was in my late teens then, that seems a long time ago!

It actually takes longer to dry now its shorter and bleached!

I got my pillowcases from eBay. Silk pillowcases also seem to help with morning pillowface.

Mirinda

New in Town
Smuterella said:
i washed it weekly and let it airdry. I was in my late teens then, that seems a long time ago!

It actually takes longer to dry now its shorter and bleached!

I got my pillowcases from eBay. Silk pillowcases also seem to help with morning pillowface.

Oh, of course, ebay! Thanks for the tip ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou