Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate Horror

fmw

One Too Many
I wish I had a picture. My wife and I had breakfast this morning in a typical family restaurant. At the counter was a man wearing a camo baseball cap. Bad enough, but this one had orange flames running along the sides. He was wearing it while eating to make things worse. Some people can't be trusted to wear hats!

Caddyshack has a line where Rodney Dangerfield has the Japanese guy with him in the club store getting equipment. The Japanese guy is trying on one of the hats and Rodney says: "You know with a hat like that you get a free bowl of soup." Just then he turns to see the Judge wearing the same hat and says: "But it looks good on you Judge!"

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sorry friend, but that ain't the ultimate horror. You should've seen the thread started about one designer's "fedora-cap" hybrid...*shudder*

casechopper

Watch out. He might be a member here and copy your post into the worst comments topic...;)
There are many people who making fun of us for our hats and style. For me I won't criticize any one else's style no matter how different it is. :)

danofarlington

Watch out. He might be a member here and copy your post into the worst comments topic...;)
There are many people who making fun of us for our hats and style. For me I won't criticize any one else's style no matter how different it is. :)

But, I can't be a hat snob if I don't criticize! :)

Actually I like to be supportive, but a website like this one is a forum for opinion, and if all we ever had were positive comments, we'd turn into the Village of the Happy People. That would quickly get tedious, IMHO. Criticism is a double-edged sword, and has the potential to ignite hard feelings or argumentation, but on the other hand, sometimes expressing your opinion means talking about what you don't like. So I defend criticizing. But it should be done carefully to avoid the negative results that we would also quickly fall into.

fmw

One Too Many
I'm trying to imagine the wearer of that hat showing up at a forum like this one and nothing is coming together. ;)

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I'm guessing this is the so called hat of horror? Did it have a big number 2 on the front?
Rusty-Wallace-Flame-Camouflage-Hat.jpg

Must be a Rusty Wallace fan then.
Plus if he was at the counter, he is allowed to wear his hat whilst eating. No offense there, since there is no place to put ones hat.

Cheers!

Dan

Last edited:
I wish I had a picture. My wife and I had breakfast this morning in a typical family restaurant. At the counter was a man wearing a camo baseball cap. Bad enough, but this one had orange flames running along the sides. He was wearing it while eating to make things worse. Some people can't be trusted to wear hats!

I believe a hat at the counter is considered proper etiquette.

I wear my hats all sorts of places where I probably shouldn't. I don't wear one in the theatre, unless I'm sitting in the back row. And I almost always take it off in the shower. I definitely see the connection between my hattitude and that of my baseball capped friends... personally, I'm just not into passing judgment on style or class.

fmw

One Too Many
If I were to eat at a counter, I would put my hat on my lap. Just me, I guess. Nice job finding that cap, Daniel. It might be the one. I didn't see the front of it, but the flames look about right.

As to commenting about style and fashion, fair enough. I believe even experts on the subject would give that hat a thumbs down. Nothing personal. I don't know the man or who he is.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn