Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Well Dressed Monster

I was discussing Golden Era Movies with my friend and he brought up the subject of the well dressed monster in movies from that era. Watching Abbott and Costello meet the Werewolf, we see that Dracula is well dressed, Frankenstein is well dressed in a sport coat and slacks and even the werewolf is wearing a nice button down shirt and pleated slacks and dress shoes---probably better dressed than your average mall rat today. :D
This is all in stark contrast to the movie monsters that we have on screen today. Many of the modern monsters don't even have clothes and when they do it isn't much of it. :rolleyes:
Can anyone think of other well dressed monsters from the era?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Great thread!

Only Dracula could compete with him:

thumbnailphp.jpg
1932_dr_jekyll_and_mr_hyde.jpg

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Although his wardrobe was rather limited to all white tie and tails, all the (night)time, you can't top Count Dracula as portrayed by the great Bela Lugosi. Unfortunately we can't consider King Kong as he was always naked. He did give example of a flawless taste in accessorizing (even if she wasn't a natural blonde).

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
This thread reminds me of "Werewolves of London" by Warren Zevon:

His hair was perfect.
I'd like to meet his tailor.

They were a little post-Golden Era, but the Addams family always looked well, if rather Goth.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Uncle Fester built his wardrobe around his accessories (namely, the light bulb). A snappy suit would have been over the top.

Cousin It could have benefitted from the Men's Facial Grooming thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner