Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The worlds best dressed men.

Dracca

One of the Regulars
I thought some of you may enjoy this. Although these are moderen dressed guys (but 2 have a very vintage look ovarall). You will see that many of these 15 guys that they have picked here as today's best drssed have some very, very classic elemnets going on in their way of dressing. Anyway, it was a link on MSN this morning.

http://men.msn.com/staticslideshowes.aspx?cp-documentid=5464064&imageindex=1

*edit* link fixed to start at the beggining of the list now. :)

Dracca

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
#7 looks well dressed. (He's Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, the president of Ferrari.)

Yea he does. I wish you could see more of outfit though...and you can't see the shoes on any of them. Not that I know much about mens shoes in fashion but it would be nice to at least see the complete look. [huh]

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Matt Deckard said:
So where are the pics of the best dressed ones?

Where? Here:

726968C142C1A8F715F99D27F8E4D.jpg

errr, i see one film producer (like the scarf, can't say much about the overall look), one actor (usually well turned out), one president of Ferrari (looks sharp), a bunch of cloned politicians and a bunch of cloned sports/music stars.

Am i the only one who thinks Jay-Z hasn't read our "Putting it all Together" thread?

Who votes for these people?

bk

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Those lists are all about relativity.

Compared to some other presidential candidates, Barack Obama is well-dressed in that photo.
Compared to some other Hollywood actors, Daniel Craig is well-dressed in that photo.
Compared to some other corporate presidents, Luca Cordero di Montezemolo is well-dressed in that photo.

Matt has a valid point. These lists have titles which make them sound authoritative, but that's hardly the case.

Dracca said:
I always like the way Jose Marino (Marinho?) dressed.

329_1.jpg

^ Ok not the best pic but at least you can see his shoes too, I can't seem to get many images of him, guess I am spelling him wrong.

Yes, José has style. That ineffable quality that takes some rather ordinary clothes and makes them look extraordinary.

And that would be Mourinho (anglicised).

Correctly, Mouriño.

And i think that photo is a great one. Sums him up, really.

bk

Dracca

One of the Regulars
Baron Kurtz said:
Yes, Jos?© has style. That ineffable quality that takes some rather ordinary clothes and makes them look extraordinary.

And that would be Mourinho (anglicised; correctly, Mouri?±o).

bk

Ahh thanks for the spelling! Usually google will give me a "did you really mean ___?" But I didn't get that this time, even when pairing the search with football or soccer. All I really know about him, is that when my husband watches his English soccer, Jose is always looking sharp. Which is rather refreshing to see someone dress with style daily, you don't see that often on a modern sports field.

luvthatlulu

Suspended
Judge not lest ye be judged.

While some FLers may not appreciate other people's manner of dress or the fact that someone who doesn't dress in vintage-styled clothing can actually appear on a Best Dressed list, it should be pointed out that failing to master such simple rules as allowing 1/4" - 1/2" inch of shirt cuff to show under a suit jacket's sleeve puts them and any other self-appointed experts in a sorry position to criticize those who can.

Don't misunderstand, gentlemen...you all look great in your vintage suits and jackets. But the devil (and the award) is in the details. It isn't just what you wear--it's how you wear it. A full-length mirror and a good tailor should become your friends, honest and critical friends, if they aren't already. No designer label or wonderfully-detailed vintage suit will enhance your looks if the result is the appearance of ten pounds of poop stuffed into a five pound sack.

Marc Chevalier, for one, gets it. Congratulations, Marc.

- Not the Lulu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick