Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

They caught me

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I shoveled my vote into the rapidly growing landslide in your favor, Matt. Loungers gotta stick together.

RE: "...a bit overplayed..." all the rest would then have to be considered underplayed.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
The "40s mafia look" shows just how little people know what they are talking about. :eusa_doh:

I found it amusing how he went with the gangster stereotype popular culture tends to associate with that era, though the bottom line is, that was pretty ignorant. I don't understand why he said it was a bit "overplayed," though. The first thing he said was he kind of liked the look, then he says that... but for what reason? Giuliaro especially, is "underplayed." His clothes are too tight fitting... and is that lipstick I'm seeing? [huh]

Feraud

Bartender
I found it amusing how he went with the gangster stereotype popular culture tends to associate with that era, though the bottom line is, that was pretty ignorant. I don't understand why he said it was a bit "overplayed," though. The first thing he said was he kind of liked the look, then he says that... but for what reason? Giuliaro especially, is "underplayed." His clothes are too tight fitting... and is that lipstick I'm seeing? [huh]
For some people a simple positive comment is like pulling teeth..

Edward

Bartender
The best bit is that his "just rolled out of bed" look probably took him more time to do than it takes most people here to get ready.

lol How true. I have noticed myself that I spend far less time getting ready to go out the more 'dressed up' I am - he more I dress down, the longer it takes!

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I think the "overplayed" comment was meant to be "overdone", as in it's too much vintage style all in one place. Remember, folks at the mall are there to buy *new* things, so the only acceptable use of vintage would be to accent the new.

In other words, he should have been wearing a t-shirt and shorts with the pinstripe jacket or the hat; the whole ensemble is too put together for your average mall rat.

Lookin' good, Matt. I voted for you.

-Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran