Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thinking about Lost Worlds.. thoughts, experiences?

Rgcards

A-List Customer
I have several lost worlds jackets; there sleeves are consistently shorter than other makers jackets in the same size. All used, so it is possible 8 different people all ordered there sleeves an 3/4 inch shorter

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
I have several lost worlds jackets; there sleeves are consistently shorter than other makers jackets in the same size. All used, so it is possible 8 different people all ordered there sleeves an 3/4 inch shorter
Hi, did you purchase my goatskin raider? I'm look for a size 44.

willyto

One Too Many

It turned out pretty great for him.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My guess- Plowing fields in his new tractor. Baling hay. Milking cows. Riding horses. Shooting rabbits. All while wearing a Star Glove and some Lucchese boots. Enjoying life on his new property. Good for him.
Dam close lol only I also Wearing a western fedora
It took 4 months of concentrated research to find a tractor and a lot of work on the new property along with selling my sailboat
Also, a double move, 1st into a rental after we sold our Bay Area property while we searched for our county property with cash in the hand

Last edited:
Dam close lol only I also Wearing a western fedora
It took 4 months of concentrated research to find a tractor and a lot of work on the new property along with selling my sailboat
Also, a double move, 1st into a rental after we sold our Bay Area property while we searched for our county property with cash in the hand

Nice. Glad it all settled for you. And I knew about the hat. Forgot to add it to the list lol.

El Marro

The price increase has helped me avoid any impulse purchases from LW lately. And I know from experience that I will need to add length to the body and sleeves which means another 20% addEd to the listed price.

Aloysius

The price increase has helped me avoid any impulse purchases from LW lately. And I know from experience that I will need to add length to the body and sleeves which means another 20% addEd to the listed price.

I expect I would have had to do that too. At the $2500 I was seeing a week or so ago, I was mulling a one-and-done order of one of their signature styles. At $3k+ I think the existing absurdity of how much we pay for this stuff gets pulled past its breaking point.

All the HH jackets are still listed on the website between $2-2.5K. The $3K is a select two or three jackets (Peters, LT B) in a “special” hide. Still absurd. Just don’t think about it.

Aloysius

All the HH jackets are still listed on the website between $2-2.5K. The $3K is a select two or three jackets (Peters, LT B) in a “special” hide. Still absurd. Just don’t think about it.

The Buco J-24 for instance has jumped up to near $3k (so above $3k with longer sleeves) in the standard hide.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
The Buco J-24 for instance has jumped up to near $3k (so above $3k with longer sleeves) in the standard hide.

I have an invoice dated 08.15.21 for a J-24, it was $2350.
A year and a half later the current price is $2850.

Definitely expensive, Stuart told me that jacket takes almost twice as long as a simple jacket like the Ryder, that's why it has always been more expensive.

Observe

One Too Many
It seems he hasn't updated some of the prices mentioned in the ad copy, so you'll see some jackets referenced at the relatively low price of $1550, etc. I assume such prices for even the Ryder are in the distant past.

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
Am I imagining things or did the prices just jump up sharply once again?
You can use the way back machine to see the old prices. Here’s a capture from February 1999.
B8ACC43C-750A-46D3-B640-79EC8170CD99.jpeg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Confirmed website has not changed in 20 years. Wish we could say the same about prices!

View attachment 481232

I know that there is more than just inflation contributing to the price increases, but I thought this was an interesting data point nonetheless.

In his defence the prices of most things has gone insane since Covid, i think the current prices of a lot of things are far above what they should be if they just followed inflation. Prices of hides has gone up, prices of tanning chemicals has gone up, prices of shipping anything anywhere has gone up.
I am sure that if you used the time machine to compare the prices of LW one year pre covid and now you would see that a large chunk has hapened since Covid started.

Have you tried buying any building materials recently? Some things are almost twice the price they where pre covid. (OSB panels went from €8 up to €22 a few months ago, they are back down to €15 or so but it is still twice what it was in 2019).

Musical instruments have gone crazy too, some brands of bass guitars (Sadowsky, Dingwall) have raised the prices of their imported models by 50% since 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo