Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This Cowboy's Hat

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
While I can not claim all the attributes evoked in this song, it however stirs the emotions. I have listened to this song for many years and thought sharing with those who may have never heard it before a good thing to do. I feel it can be applied to all hats, not just westerns. Enjoy, my friends.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_x8Foq8rw5k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_x8Foq8rw5k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Gentlemen, it has been a while since I have posted, been a while since I felt there was something I needed to contribute. I just played this song this morning and it spurred the post.

Dean, it is good to see ya, your input of wisdom is always missed.

carouselvic - your right, another that passed from us much too soon.

gtdean48 - Your right, there are many that even if they knew who he was, did not know, he was a rancher and Pro Rodeo Bareback rider long before he came to the spotlight. Garth, was probably most influential in that happening. As Chris was plenty happy singing around the campfires and rodeos to the delight of the other cowboys.

Garth owed it to Chris! Putting that line about a Chris LeDoux tape in his song got folks interested. The whole story of Chris' folks making tapes & shipping from their kitchen table is priceless. I was truly "Hooked on an 8 Second Ride"!

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Being from a ranching family and having moved to Denver and living there during the late 80's until the mid 90's. The highlight of every year was Cheyenne Frontier days and The National Western in Denver. Chris was a hero long before the Much Too Young single, but I must admit, that was my favorite song for years. I felt much the same way. I miss Chris and the innocence of early Garth, I have gotten past what Garth became, but the sincere truth that was Chris, will last forever.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great post and song Bud. It is good to hear from you again. I hope all is well with you.

Chris Ledoux was indeed a modern country classis.

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
PostcardTexas1963.jpg

A 1963? postcard from our family album.

To Bud and all those other big-hearted Texans, howdy, and a hug 'cuz it's been a looong time gone for me... I didn't know who this Chris Le Doux was and whadda you know I'd have missed this song if it wasn't for this thread.

Greetings from ...another world altogether.
Pablo (even if I ain't a wetback - said with due respect to the South of the border folk)

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cool post, Bud. Once in a while someone posts something that causes me to stop and think. Your's is one of those. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy